Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is sad that WWE while problably knowing the details beforehand, did a 3 hour tribute to this man

[/ QUOTE ]

you're kidding, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

High likelyhood they knew. I read statements from WWE that they were keeping details sealed with the ongoing investigation. I am sure they were working closely with investigators. So they had to of know the details.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

this is so [censored] up
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 PM

I have $200 worth of tickets to a show in August. If it comes out that WWE knew about the causes of death and still did the tribute, I'm ripping them up and mailing them to Vince.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM

Food for thought: The WWE may have found out about the deaths (with few if any details), cancelled the live show and planned the tribute show, found out more details just before the tribute show went on, and were in a tough spot with three hours of programming to fill.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine how the wrestlers who gave tributes to Benoit last night feel right now. None of them could have known.

As a Benoit fan, following this story over the last 16 hours has been an emotional roller-coaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way the wrestlers knew. But the excutives did... I didnt watch but did Vince M say anything in the tribute?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 PM

Looks like www.wwe.com took off all the tribute videos and everything else, just a press release now
Old 06-26-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That doesn't make it acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice strawman.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? Do you even know what a straw man is? Don't bother answering, those are rhetorical questions. Here, I saved you the trouble of having to look up what that word means: http://m-w.com/dictionary/rhetorical
Old 06-26-2007, 01:03 PM

From what I understand from reading 2nd hand info posted on message boards attributed to Meltzer, the remaining two shows this week are not going to mention Benoit at all. If that's true, then it seems unlikely that it was widely known what went down before the show started to air yesterday.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine how the wrestlers who gave tributes to Benoit last night feel right now. None of them could have known.

As a Benoit fan, following this story over the last 16 hours has been an emotional roller-coaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way the wrestlers knew. But the excutives did... I didnt watch but did Vince M say anything in the tribute?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Good evening. Tonight this arena here in Corpus Christi, Texas would have been filled to capacity with enthousiatic WWE fans. Tonight's storyline was to have been the alleged demise of my character, Mr. McMahon. However, in reality, WWE superstar Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel are dead. Their bodies were discovered this afternoon in their new, suburban, Atlanta home. The athourities are undergoing an investigation. We here in the WWE can only offer our condolences to the extended family of Chris Bennoit. And the only other thing we can do at this moment is, tonight, pay tribute to Chris Benoit. We will offer you some of the most memorable moments in Chris' professional life and you will hear, tonight, comments from his peers - those here, his fellow performers - those here, who loved Chris and admired him so much. So tonight will be a three hour tribute to one of the greatest WWE superstars of all time. Tonight, we pay tribute to Chris Benoit."
Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have $200 worth of tickets to a show in August. If it comes out that WWE knew about the causes of death and still did the tribute, I'm ripping them up and mailing them to Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they did. Benoit's body was found mid monday afternoon and that is when they started rewriting teh show. Most details like this don't come out until later and the double murder-suicide detail didn't come out until during the show itself. They have already cancelled the other tribute to him for the smackdown/ECW tapings tonight and are just taping the shows as straight wrestling matches with no angles or anything like that, so it's obvious that they are already distancing themselves from teh situation and just trying to figure out where to go from here