Old 06-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: ** Official June Chat Thread: The Flush **

Duh

Obviously

Urban Dictionary
Old 06-06-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, I'm afraid to ask this in oot, bbv4l, or the zoo so here goes.....

What in the hell does LDO mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, duh, obviously. The link is for the UrbanDictonary. You can find most of the acronyms people use around here on there.

Urban Dictionary
Old 06-06-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like duh, obviously

I have no idea why this started becoming popular fwiw. I had to ask the same question a few weeks back too when I started seeing it used in every thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a huge thing in OOT, where Daryn said he hated QFT (quoted for truth) and would ban anyone who used it. I think MT2R QFT'd his original post and got banned for a bit.

Anyways, i think LDO developed to circumvent daryn's ban's. Once the banning stopped, it just stuck, ldo...

ALso, for your enjoyment, a graph:

Old 06-06-2007, 03:24 PM

wow. I didn't realize I was surrounded by twelve year old girls. No offense to anyone, but that the worst internet lingo crap I've seen yet
Old 06-06-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow. I didn't realize I was surrounded by twelve year old girls. No offense to anyone, but that the worst internet lingo crap I've seen yet

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, at least it isn't completely L3, 1337, L337 5p34k, leet, or elite speak.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
like duh, obviously

I have no idea why this started becoming popular fwiw. I had to ask the same question a few weeks back too when I started seeing it used in every thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a huge thing in OOT, where Daryn said he hated QFT (quoted for truth) and would ban anyone who used it. I think MT2R QFT'd his original post and got banned for a bit.

Anyways, i think LDO developed to circumvent daryn's ban's. Once the banning stopped, it just stuck, ldo...

[/ QUOTE ]

was that person MT2R ?
I remember that awesome reply and couldn't stop laughing.
I don't like OOT much really, also for things like that.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
like duh, obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was that person MT2R ?
I remember that awesome reply and couldn't stop laughing.
I don't like OOT much really, also for things like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so... I remember there being a big stink b/c he was a good, contributing, strat poster.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:15 PM

So we get to the beach and then the clouds came out. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] We still managed to swim for quite some time and toss the ole' football around.

My wife got a call from somebody at her work (she works at home 3 days each week). Apparantly one of the lawyers in the firm used to be a Congressmen and he is buddies with one of our current Congressmen. Anyways, we scored some tickets to tour the White House while we are in D.C. in a couple of weeks. I'm really surprised this got pulled off with such short notice; I think most require 6 months notice in advance or something for the tour.

We're pretty excited.

Gonna work out on my machine for a bit. What are those machines called that are half treadmill half ski machines?

What's even more exciting is that it's taco night tonight. And then I'm gonna log some hands. Maybe. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 04:48 PM

NH, PB!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Already down 2 buyins today after dropping 5 yesterday. I can't remember the last time I won an allin.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $29.15
BB: $22.25
UTG: $9.10
UTG+1: $21.75
MP: $25.35
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $24.50</font>
BTN: $6.95

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.75</font>, BB calls $2.50, Hero calls $1.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($8.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.00</font>, BB calls $4.00, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $21.75</font>, SB folds, BB calls all-in for $15.50
Uncalled bet of $2.25 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($51.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($51.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $51.25 ($2.55 Rake)

BB had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$26.45)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$22.25)