View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, obviously unlimited makeup as long as he continued staking me, at the limits I lost the money at, which was 25/50 and 40/80

[/ QUOTE ]

okay that's a whole lot better than only giving 40k hands of make up which I mistakenly thought you would have given

one last question from me:

if he put his whole roll (whatever you thought that was) on the line staking you while you were providing make up, what do you think the chances were of busto-ing his whole roll?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Boosted,

Is the following correct:

In the 75/100, you were playing where you get staked for 50% of the buyin (where you get 50% of the profits) and you sell the other 50% of the action (where you get 0% of the profits). So, you were playing for a maximum of 25% of the profits PLUS obligations for makeup for any losses?

Now, if OP stakes you again, if you win 120k, you have to give him 60k for his half, then pay him back 60k for the pre-existing makeup, then if he ends the staking deal there, pay him back the amount of the new stake, leaving you with a grand total of zero dollars.

So, for you to honor this staking agreement, you would need to win 120k before you saw a dime of profit for your efforts?

Please confirm my understanding of the deal is correct, as I might also be interested in buying out OP from this agreement.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, obviously unlimited makeup as long as he continued staking me, at the limits I lost the money at, which was 25/50 and 40/80

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at "obviously" and lol at adding the "at the limits i lost the money at" qualifier after having originally called the deal 100% risk free.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 PM

Neutraility I would like you to respond to this....

A: Boosted asks for loan, Filth loans him 30k.

B: Boosted supposedly borrows another 10k from someone else. He runs that combined 40k down to 25k.

C: Boosted then asks for 10k from filth to pay back that guy and get staked by Filth instead of having these loans. Filth sends him another 10k, which Boosted uses to pay back dude in B. After this transaction, Filth has given Boosted 40k and Boosted has 25k in his account. They agree that this is now a 40k stake and they will split profits 50/50, but there is potentially confusion about terms of makeup and payback of original stake.

E: Boosted asks for another 20k to play more tables, Filth sends him 20k more.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boosted,

In the 75/100, you were playing where you get staked for 50% of the buyin (where you get 50% of the profits) and you sell the other 50% of the action (where you get 0% of the profits). So, you were playing for a maximum of 25% of the profits PLUS obligations for makeup for any losses?

Now, if OP stakes you again, if you win 120k, you have to give him 60k for his half, then pay him back 60k for the pre-existing makeup, then if he ends the staking deal there, pay him back the amount of the new stake, leaving you with a grand total of zero dollars.

So, for you to honor this staking agreement, you would need to win 120k before you saw a dime of profit for your efforts?

Please confirm my understanding of the deal is correct, as I might also be interested in buying out OP from this agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread does not stop getting better
Old 05-20-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is anyone else not at all surprised that the deal where op does nothing and is paid back by reddragon and bj did not happen? seemed very unlikely that he would get any money back that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very surprised. Given his previous statements, I thought that Filth would be grateful for my offer to take the stake. That turned out not to be the case, so I've chosen to withdraw from the arrangement. He would, in all likelihood, have gotten $30k back fairly quickly under the arrangement with me. That option having been rejected, I hope for his sake as well as Boosted's that this situation gets cleared up some other way.

[ QUOTE ]
5) Boosted agrees to grind at low limits on RedDragon's stake and then have RedDragon split first 60k in profits w/ OP. Then, after a little consideration about the ramifications of grinding for $60k while retaining zero profits, that deal is suddenly null and void.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is the kind of statement which I predicted and refuted ahead of time. I made this offer to both parties, and both parties accepeted. Filth, not Boosted, then tried to negotiate separate terms more favorable to him after he had already entered into an agreement with me.

Given that, I decided I wasn't any longer interested in any kind of business arrangement with Filth, particularly involving a large sum of money. I don't know him very well, but I had trusted that he would act in good faith. When he failed to do this, I decided to withdraw from the arrangement.

No hard feelings, but I simply won't deal with someone who makes an agreement and then tries to negotiate more favorable terms elsewhere without consulting me. It has nothing at all to do with how "hard" grinding would be for Boosted.

-Neutrality

[/ QUOTE ]

How was I not grateful? I merely proposed a more favorable solution for both me and boosted, and now both you and boosted abruptly terminate the previous agreement. Since you're close friends with boosted, why would you object my suggestion?

Overall, I think I have been respectful and reasonable. But I feel like you guys are expressing such unwarranted rage at my suggestion just so boosted won't have to "make up" any money to me.

And before I wanted traheho to back boosted since he's friends with both of us, boosted pressured me to accept RedDragon's stake because it's the only chance I'll get. Boosted also said he wanted to play immediately so I agreed to have RedDragon stake him. But he didn't play that night nor the next day. What I'm saying is that doesn't make me comfortable. And everytime I bring something up about our course of action that doesn't make me comfortable, instead of laying all the details out or discussing it, you act as if you're deeply insulted and offended and berate me for questioning your intergrity.

The way things are looking it seems like boosted is adament about not paying me a penny back. That may be harsh to say, but why don't you prove me wrong? I mean I don't get why we can't just solve this in the most fair way possible. There was a misunderstanding, but you did promise it "make it up". And since I can't provide staking anymore, I'd like for someone else to provide it and I'll settle for 50% of the profits.

I just don't understand how by me proposing a more smarter deal for the both of us, you two are offended and all deals are suddenly off.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boosted,

[/ QUOTE ]

I just reread it twice, and either you or I am a little confused. I'm down $60k at the moment in the stake. Therefore, I need to win $60k and that would bring the staker to even where I could then go on continue into profit.

BTW, Roman, I didn't lose any money at 5/10, or even 10/20 for that matter. I would have to make the money back at 25/50 or 40/80 where I lost it. I was engaged in a deal with Filth and Neutralty where I was semi-doing Filth a favor by playing lower. I'm not willing to do that anymore since he backed out of the deal and told me to just take $30k from my account and pay him, and as Neutrality has said, he doesn't have time for that nonsense, either.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Boosted,

OK, so if he stakes you more and you win 120k, then you would end up with 30k. I think we're on same page now.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at "obviously" and lol at adding the "at the limits i lost the money at" qualifier after having originally called the deal 100% risk free.

[/ QUOTE ]

this and what filth just said are 100% true imo
Old 05-20-2007, 06:44 PM

I don't know why I'm chiming in here, but Filfth is totally right, at least with regards to Boosted's shiftiness and Boosted's way of avoiding the meat of the issues by acting indignant, diverting the topic, and citing his "reputation."

Guess what J, your reputation is not a static thing, and your pleas to have everyone on your buddy list come and vouch for you are worse than [censored] pathetic and also quite transparent to anyone who has seen busto people operate in the same less-than-honest manner that you've employed since you began chatting with OP. You really should be embarrassed by your actions, but it seems you've deluded yourself into believing you aren't really slimey.
Closed Thread