Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should he report this to the police?
Of course. 93 88.57%
Nope. CYA is the name of the game. 12 11.43%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2006, 10:22 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2006-07 season Thread!*****

^ agreed.

The better teams hope they score early against the lower teams or else they will have to play against defensive teams the rest of the match. Boro is more than content to leave that game with a tie, or at best a win. So once they have a lead, they will totally play to protect it. Which will certainly make it harder for the opposing team to score. In the Arsenal-Boro game, the entire second half Arsenal was going up against 9 men in the Boro's half, that is certainly hard to work against, and w/o any real attack from Boro, it makes a counter-attack even that much harder.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:37 PM

Figured I might as well post the update. The standings look more reasonable each week and should get even more realistic after just another couple games.

www.geocities.com/dtlerch. I have no idea why the standings won't load, but hopefully that'll be fixed soon. The other stats are all up there. Goals/minute also doesn't count penalty kicks anymore (the table is sorted, again, by [non PK goals + assists] above replacement player).

Edit: Added a crude fix for the standings.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:23 AM

West Ham v Aston Villa

ÆôÊÓ×ãÇò(live) on PPStream
Old 09-10-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
West Ham v Aston Villa

[/ QUOTE ]

Live on FSC. This is a GREAT match so far!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:19 PM

this match is insane.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
West Ham v Aston Villa

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting this. That was the first game I've watched live online. It was of very good quality and I enjoyed a decent game. I have no idea how I would've found it if you hadn't post it. I just downloaded ppstream today.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 PM

Thoughts.

We (Man United) have started well but they were all games we should be getting three points from. A long way to go yet. People who don't like Ronaldo basically hate one of two things. Either that his personality (he whines, he uses gamesmanship to the point of cheating, he's arrogent etc etc) or because of his game (flashy but goes missing for long periods and doesn't produce as much end product as he should). In either case they are utterly wrong and any United fan who hates him is an idiot. Ronaldo did nothing outragous to Rooney. A fact best demonstrated by the fact that when Rooney was asked if he was annoyed with CR for trying to get him sent off he replied, 'Well, I tried to get him sent off for diving in the first half. So no'

Arsenal look a mess at the moment but obviously they're a better team than they're showing at the moment. What is killing them is they are almost a one man team. Whats worse is that if Henry only plays well, as he is at the moment, thats not good enough. For Arsenal to really function Henry has to be at his unbelievable best week in week out. To be fair he usually is that great but not at the moment and its killing them.

Chelsea are doing their usual thing and have acutally picked up five points over their performances in the corrosponding fixtures last year. Which is extremely worring

Liverpool made my weekend with one of the worst defensive displays I've ever seen.

Everton have started well but probably don't have the depth to get into Europe. Although the same could be said two years ago when they made fourth.

Portsmouth are flying too but their team is full of inconsistent players which again would suggest they will to too patchy to make Europe.

Aston Villa are frankly amazing. How you can go from last season to this without changing many personell is insane. O'Neill is simply a great manager.

All three promoted sides are really going to struggle because non of them can score consistently enough.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Aston Villa are frankly amazing. How you can go from last season to this without changing many personell is insane. O'Neill is simply a great manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so true and I'm really hoping that when Fergie steps aside that O'neill takes over. Just look at where wycombe and leicester are right now after him leaving them. Celtic almost don't count becuase they are always expected to do really well.

I do have to say though that I'm really liking my ManU finishing at least 2nd bet a lot right now as liverpool look like a mess and aresenal is going to struggle hard this year because of their lack of depth and talent
Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the uni's in the EPL. Why does nearly every team have either red or blue jerseys? I know there are some exceptions, but MOST teams have those two colors.

[/ QUOTE ]so no one knows?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
o be fair he usually is that great but not at the moment and its killing them.

[/ QUOTE ] I wonder how much of this is caused by all the international matches.