Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

Bison, Life is good. I am currently down to 378. I am finding a groove with the weight loss. 30-40 more lbs and my pants will be so big that I can fit in one leg.

However, I can STILL do better than I am, and will continue to do so.

I'll keep you posted with more frequent updates =)
Old 07-26-2006, 03:20 PM

THe last time I was on a scale I was down to 360. Not a great drop (only 15 lbs) but I am slowly going at it. Have a week where the wife and kids are gone, so I will be able to get a bunch more walking done that week, and hopefully work it more into my daily schedule. Also very recently got a stairmaster from a friend, and have working on using that.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:12 PM

Doing good, down to 289.5 this morning! I'm feeling incredibly good these days. I feel sharper mentally, and it just feels good to move around physically. I've kept up walking at least 5-6 hours a week, and now I'm starting to work seriously with my kettlebell. I've spent probably the last week just working on a two-handed swing, which is hard for a fatty to drop his ass into the groove like he needs to, but I'm improving and it's getting easier. I really like the challenge of the keeping the form needed to do a good kettlebell swing. My eating has been going pretty well. I'm still having trouble remembering to drink enough water. I'm also going to try some green tea extract, I've read some interesting things about it recently.

Keep it up fellow fatties!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:31 PM

I am going to see a doctor (first time evar) in about 2 weeks because I suck at life and everything remotely close to life.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Dids:

I see that you haven't made progress as you might have wished. If you'd like, I'd offer myself up as a "workout partner", although I consider myself healthier than most my age (ran XC in high school and played Varsity Bball, still play in leagues to this day. 6'2, 200 lbs...didn't know if this would bother you or not)

I currently have a gym membership at LA Fitness (In Mill Creek, I knew we had PMd and you had mentioned you were in that area) and I go to lift 2-3 times a week and run/play basketball the other two days. If you'd like I'm always up for pushing a fatty (my best friend exploded in college from 170 to 250, he is now back down to 180 after me pushing him for 2 years) and would offer up at least 1 day/week to kick your ass.

Let me know if you're up for it.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:12 PM

Oh BTW if any of you guys want to talk about weight loss or health or anything really, add me to MSN Messenger at jeffraider_sa@hotmail.com
Old 07-26-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I run for 25-30 minutes 3-4 times per week,

[/ QUOTE ]

If your knees/shins etc. get sore, and you think about switching to a bicycle, check out Kona.

They make a 'Hoss' line that's reinforced for larger folks. Highly recommended by big cyclists I know on bike forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rock the elliptical, and so far have no knee/shin issues. If I ran on a treadmill or pavement, they would definitely hurt.

Quick update - after 7 weeks (started June 5), I'm down 21 pounds to 359 from 380. Weight Watchers point system is awesome. Life is goot.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

Feel free to use this as your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2006, 04:53 PM

Sad day yesterday.

I weighed in at 293.5. Basically exactly ruining all of my great progress over the last week in two days of weekend fun.

So, as much as it hurts to do, I'm basically giving up alcohol. I need to keep my priorities straight, and I'm just sabotaging myself in every way by drinking on the weekends. Drinking is fun, but I found this weekend's debauchery far less satisfying than feeling healthy and making progress. I remember I looked at myself on Friday morning and thought, "Man, I'm really looking better." My skin was healthy looking, my eyes were sharp and clear, and my face seemed skinny. On Sunday morning after two days of "fun" my skin tone seemed sickly, I had huge bags underneath my bloodshot eyes and my face seemed more round and I felt fat as I was showering.

So to heck with drinking then. I'm going to drink in about two weeks time on a big camping trip we've been planning forever, and then after that I'll only drink on special occasions when it seems like it'd be very fun, rather than just something to do. I don't think I've gone one week without drinking since I was 19, but this is a change for the best and I'm excited to do it.

I hope to post again in a few days with better results!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:17 PM

Jeff, I'm impressed again with your commitment. Good man. You'll be fine in the long term - keep up your determination and don't let a bad day or couple of days slow you down.

Even in this post when you've had a minor setback you're showing progress. Good luck.

-bb.