Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Patriots get caught with camera man taping NY Jets coaches playcal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm backing up everything I say with statistics and facts.

[/ QUOTE ] Seriously do you realize how stupid you sound? Bob Sanders? How about playing a full fing season? how is that? I love people that bring up the Tuck Rule, it was a flawed rule but at the time was correct according to the rulebook. Again get ready to lose in Foxborough again this year and then whine to the rules committee after your Pussy receivers were manhandled at the line of scrimmage in 04 and the rule was changed. God I hate the colts and there homer fans, seriously have you ever seen a shot of the Colts fans when they pan to the crowd in Indy? Brings Poor white trash to a whole new level.Done arguing w some miserable F that lives in Minnesota, Minnesota lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime, KB4Z, et al.

I submit THIS for the type of fan I hate the most. If you see me arguing with him and you talk about how bad I post, then you're pretty much too ignorant to hold a meaningful conversation about sports.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I enjoy debating with people like sublime and kb4z and I love the rivalry we have with NE. But I see some idiot like this come on here spouting a bunch of ignorant [censored] and not even TRYING to back it up...come on, you've got to be a troll account, right? Right?

I didn't even make anything personal and he starts calling me white trash, some poor [censored] that lives in Minnesota, are you serious? Ban this piece of [censored] and let the adults here continue talking about sports.

Also, if you don't get banned, work on your spelling memory zero. "THERE" does not mean the same thing as "THEIR". And yet you call OTHER people white trash and idiots. The ironing is delicious.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have an improved defense

[/ QUOTE ]

for the love of god, no they dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, they seemed to do OK against Reggie Bush, Drew Brees and Co. in week 1. They won a close one against the Titans, they have a healthy Bob Sanders...

Just because they've lost some personnel doesn't mean they aren't improved. The team, thus far, is playing much better than anybody would have expected, myself included.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tampa Bay is unimpressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, Tampa's defense is still pretty darn good. Starting to age a little bit, but not exactly a bad unit of players to have. I was simply saying that as far as two teams that should have put up tons of yards/points on the Colts, Indianapolis has stepped up to the challenge. Unless, of course, somebody comes on here and tells me that NO's offense isn't really that good and the TEN team that ran for like 270 against Jacksonville isn't that good either.

[/ QUOTE ]

TEN gained 350 yards on 67 plays from scrimmage against JAX (5.22 average), 313 yards on 61 plays against IND (5.13 average).

Average yards per play isn't the best way to measure an offense, but it's better than average yards per rush. Tennessee doesn't exactly look like a machine here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked my example with New Orleans better, but last year, everybody talked about how you could rush all freaking day on the Colts. The Jags did it, and basically everybody else did, too, until the playoffs.

New Orleans didn't do it. Tennessee didn't do it. That said, we did give up 156 yards on the ground today, but it wasn't the dominating type of performance I would have expected out of a team that blew Jacksonville up last week.

Do the Colts have the best defense in the NFL? Hell no. I never said anything of the sort. People see me say something positive about the Colts, and because I'm a fan, they look for whatever they can to tear it apart. What I'm saying is we're playing stronger than last year and the results show it. Last year's defense would have lost that game today, and it might not have been close. Instead of letting Young run all over us and get the Titans in FG range, they bent a bit but never broke and pulled out a tight game. That's the way you're supposed to win those games, if you want to be a champion.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:33 PM

wow the pats must have found a new way to cheat to pull that one off.

lol at the morons on here who just say "cheat" "cheat" but have no clue what the hell they are talking about.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow the pats must have found a new way to cheat to pull that one off.

lol at the morons on here who just say "cheat" "cheat" but have no clue what the hell they are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except, the Patriots did cheat.

This win in no way makes the cheating more acceptable. It's terrible how Pats fans are coming here and proud of they fact they won after they were exposed with cheating. Be glad you won, but don't use the cheating as a banner.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:39 PM

I would just like to say that in yesterday's New York Post the 1-0 Patroits, listed atop the AFC East have an * which below is explained as "*Caught Cheating."

Awesome.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 PM

how is it cheating?

don't tell me "because the media said so".

Explain to me exactly why it is cheating.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is it cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's against an explicit NFL rule?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is it cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't seriously asking this are you?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Belichek deal got extended thru 2013.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL $500KInstantsigningbonusaments
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 AM

just because something is a rule violation does not mean it is cheating. There is nothing illegal about stealing signals. the only issue is having a camera on the sidelines.
If the media hadn't labeled it cheating, you wouldn't be calling it that.

Late hits are also rules violations.
so is holding.