Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather be broke as a joke or a filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian?
Broke as a Joke 13 24.53%
Filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian 40 75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Official JUNE uNL **\'`MICROBREW THREAD`\'** LC/NC this way...

My account is now lower than it has been in almost 4-5 months, I was stupid last month for cashing out 3 times as much I finished last month in my account with, so my account is embarassingly low for being a $50 NL regular.

Can you guys give me your best suggestions for grinding a BR<300 roll up to somewhere around 600-700 so I can start taking shots at $25 and $50 NL again?

I also have 40,000+ fpps from all the hands I've played during this downswing (perhaps the rake accounts for 30% of my losses) but I think it'd be safer if I just saved up for the $650 bonus at 50k fpps which requires you to clear another 4550 more vpps ~15k fpps basically at Supernova.

My best guess is to either try to grind the $6.50 45 man turbos 12 tabling (that's basically $78 or so for all the entry fees and if you win 1 you're ahead overall or if you finish in the top 7 of maybe 3/12 you're either breaking even or way ahead... what are your guys thoughts on breaking out of my horrendous downswing and what can/should I try to do to get back to where I was without trying to play the 5400 fpp sng's for $210 a ticket that I can resell?

I have not gone broke online in 3 years online and I would like to keep the streak alive. I have $500+ on Poker4ever.com if anyone would be willing to help me out and transfer with me to stars (their site is very soft and is run sort of like a Prima site with funny sounds too lol). I also have $300+ on absolute if anyone is willing to help me transfer it for stars $ also.

As a reference I own my own Poker forum (300+ members thus far) and everyone there can vouch I am not a scammer.

TY for reading, a friend in need,

_2_4_0_0
Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calling a 4bet push deepstack with J9 on a 9TJ board is really bad

He cracked my TT and then i called him idiot and he said omg i had 2 pair it was a good move. Jesus christ theyr retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG this reminds me of last night, I was playing against Vinny Ferret on stars and I had 3 bet his opening raise which was smooth called by one guy and he decided to shove, with Ts8s into my QQ so I reluctantly called the all in for 100 BB's figuring he had AA or KK cooler type of hand or maybe even AK/JJ, sure enough flop is J97 and I thought my hand might of been good, sure enough he flops the pure nuts, WTF is WRONG WITH ME why can't I RUN GOOD/AVERAGE when I am actually ahead like 1% of the time when I'm all in preflop
Old 06-25-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calling a 4bet push deepstack with J9 on a 9TJ board is really bad

He cracked my TT and then i called him idiot and he said omg i had 2 pair it was a good move. Jesus christ theyr retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
play enough hands and try not to lose too much.

2 months ago iv had a 15 BI ds on 25NL. then I won back 10, and then i had a 23k break even stretch. Then i ran hot for 20k more hands and moved up.

Iv had basicly 10k breaking even on 50NL, but im learning. Just have patience and search ur game for leaks.

U cant fix them at once, but look where u make mistakes. I used to nto be able to lay down 2 pair on the river when it was obvious i was beat, I couldnt do this from one day to the other. But laying down hands in certain hard spots will make u alot of money. Running hot is something everyone does.

Just have patience thats my advice :P
Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... Hollywood or UB.. Hollywood or UB.
It would probably take like 150,000 hands or something to clear their $1500+nano promo, wouldnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

UB's bonus takes a long time to clear as well. I'd guess 60k at least.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:44 PM

just play $10nl. my goldfish could run at 10 ptbb at $10nl.

screw the turbos - too much variance.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would probably take like 150,000 hands or something to clear their $1500+nano promo, wouldnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. And I'm having a hard time depositing on there. Say I use Visa, what do I have to do to avoid cash advance interest charges on there? Pay off all my remaining balance, and then have an extra balance of the amount I'm depositing?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. And I'm having a hard time depositing on there. Say I use Visa, what do I have to do to avoid cash advance interest charges on there? Pay off all my remaining balance, and then have an extra balance of the amount I'm depositing?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf ru talkin about? non-us [censored]?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Im in Canada. So if I use credit card, it counts as a cash advance, and interest piles up pretty quick on a $500 cash advance.
I could sign up for epassporte, or load up my moneybookers account, but I was hoping to deposit today since they have the reload bonus going on.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:55 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

finally cashed a 5400 woohoo
Old 06-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

Hbomb, i don't understand how u can be playing nl25.

u cashed out 2 much or something? btw, i play with u alot and u r fairly solid but i've noticed that u play very straightforward (maybe that's just vs. me) and don't seem to gamble very much.
Closed Thread