Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: judgment!

Oh, and I let the previous PMer know that this weekend was a bit of an outlier, that while I am generally available during the weekend this one didn't play out that way. I am pretty accessible during the week, day or night.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't no if it to late, but she likes sports is fun and is hot.

Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I just got killed. I'm not even that big a fan of blondes, and super skinny girls, and her golf scene in that flick reminded me of Auschwitz, but that flick was among the best I've ever seen at building up an actress into a goddess. The closest I can think of was Read Window, when Lisa first introduces herself by flicking on the lamps, and later kisses Jimmy Stewart in the most horrifically erotic few seconds ever committed to film -- so painful to watch! Something About Mary worshipped Carmen Diaz in a shot or two so effectively that it was almost impossible not to fall in love with her no matter what your "type" was.

I remember reading a chat with Rosie Perez and some other much loved hotties current at the time, all knowingly acknowledging that the female hottitude market was completely blown out of the water at that time by Carmen Diaz. "Men really like her!" they said, with a mixture of understanding and a sort of acceptance of total, ridiculously irrevocable defeat. That flick was magic for her like few flicks ever are for any actress, and I found myself reluctantly on board. For a flash of time, she was the perfect woman for me. And she's not really even my type! Now that's good myth-making.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 AM

[/ QUOTE ]Diaz with long hair >>>>>>>

not doing for me really, but she is sorta okay.

dammit.

Okay

[/ QUOTE ]

But she likes sports... Just kidding
Old 10-29-2007, 01:41 AM

It's okay, Tuq can go back to being a judge. It was fun for the five minutes.

I am sure that Katy and Dom are about to pull each other's hair out.

Blarg: I saw that movie when if first came out and my memory only remembers the "hair" scene.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 AM

daveT,

No worries mang, I just wanted to know where I stood. PM from katy on Friday night indicated I had some time to play with. Replied this afternoon that I'd be back tonight. Then the other PM tonight.

I was sweating the Sox second world championship in 89 years tonight. Point being, I didn't want to half-ass my reviews, I cared about doing a good job and didn't think I was falling so far behind that I needed to be replaced. Particularly since the forums are typically slower on the weekend.

OK dave, I'll give it a few and then go back to where I left off if that's fine with everyone. Sorry for the drama.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:01 AM

Cool, everyone hated my reviews anyways.

LOL to RNG, what am I, PokerStars? But yeah, I think my reviews would have ended up all over the place, since my moods tend to rely on how I wake up, how many games I just lost (3), where I am, if I am drinking, etc..... Yep, RNG I am. Good laugh.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Morena Baccarin as Inara Serra in 'Serenity'

(TV-film crossover! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

pluses: truly beautiful; nice womanly yet slender figure. Brave when bravery is needed.

minuses: a pain in the ass. You look up "high-maintenance" in the dictionary you'll see a picture of her.

overall: Her great beauty and grace almost overcome her annoyingly haughty personality. Almost.

score: 8.25

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, I just realized that katy won't allow "incomplete" as a rating, thus I haven't technically responded to this.

I can't deviate too far from Dominic's rating of 8.25, as I said in my OP I don't know this character, but pretty hot. Sorry if that's not clever but I'm at an impasse on this one.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: daveT\'s round 1

[ QUOTE ]
Eihi Shiina from Audition.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLZ, katy called me on skipping this one earlier. What do I say to a badass-looking chicking holding a presumably loaded syringe and other weapons of non-mass destruction? Seems like a pain in the ass, but then again the sex would probably be incredible, a la "Mr. & Mrs. Smith". 9.01 (the extra .01 is to break ties, which I'm sure she would).
Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 AM

It's 2:20am here. I'm exhausted and feel like [censored].

I'm bowing out. I have too many other things going on that are occupying my thoughts and I can't run this anymore. I also really need sleep. I will play if I make it to Round 2.

I apologize to Tuq. He did tell me he'd be back to continue his ratings, i just had no faith in him as I thought he was going to be back yesterday and then earlier today. Poor Tuq, I told him to post at his convenience and then he was replaced [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I imagine he feels a little kicked around at this point. Hope he keeps a sense of humor about it though. (please? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Tuq, I am apparently more impatient than i led you to believe. Obviously that's not your fault. Frankly, everyone loved your other reviews and you were pretty damn entertaining. (You're just kinda slow as hell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. j/k don't get mad at that).
Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since I am not going past round 1, I can also offer myself. I promise that I don't watch movies and I will judge purely on lust, so there will be not significant change from Tuq.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine.. Katy wants me to make a decision:

DaveT is the new judge!

Dave, just finish Tuq's round one judging - only the ones he didn't fo yet. Then in round 2 you take over as one of the three judges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he should review everything, since the crazy low scores tuq gave can be quite hurtful (in an unfair way) to the people that got them (Disclosure: I am not one of those, since tuq hasn't reviewed mine).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let DaveT make the decision himself whether or not he wants to do all 23 round 1 judgments himself or just take over from where Tuq left off - but just remember, Dave, we need your judgments in 24 hours so get crackin'! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq's back! Good ratings Dave, but yer OUT! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I kinda like this random dictator I've suddenly become...Good thing I'm not a mod or I would've banned half of you already.

But I relinquish my powers for now...