Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

A woman doesn't forget to have an abortion. She chooses not to have one.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:06 PM

Adoption?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My father has always told people they didn't want to have me but my mother rolled over during one of his wet dreams. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You never disappoint, tuq.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM

Read your post... didn't read all the replies

you [censored] suck man

You don't want to "gamble" on your girlfriend having a miscarriage? Hope you get lucky and she miscarries you child?

Man up
Old 04-18-2007, 05:42 PM

As the father of an unplanned child just let me say that the great thing about kids is that they take 9 months to show up. You can do alot of preparation and "mind changing" in that time. Embrace the whirlwind my friend.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After my first marriage ended, the first girl i dated i knocked up accidentally (duh). Then she tells me she already had 1 abortion and would have another because she definately wasn't "mature" enough to raise a child. At that time I was like "yee haw" lets git-r done or whatever.
So fast-forward $350 later. I still regret that abortion even though i knew i was too immature myself to deal with the responsibility of being a dad at 23 or 24 or whatever age i was. Some guys don't regret it (abortion), i thought i would too as well, but i still think about it even now. That abortion was the kiss of death for that relationship which was fine, but i do regret that decision 12 years later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand this sentiment, i mean had my parents gotten an abortion when my mom was pregnant with me or just used condoms or the pill to not have conceived me in the first place, would it really make a difference to me?... no. I wouldn't be here either way, yet people act like having an abortion is so much different then using birth control. If you use birth control do you still feel a loss for the kids you likely would have had?

To OP this is my biggest fear, i typically don't use condoms with gfs in the past who are on birth control, but part of me thinks i still should, because it doesn't matter if they swear on there life they don't want kids and will get an abortion, if your girl gets knocked up you have zero say legally in her choice, yet you are involved 100% in whatever decision she makes, doesn't seem quite just to me.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As the father of an unplanned child just let me say that the great thing about kids is that they take 9 months to show up. You can do alot of preparation and "mind changing" in that time. Embrace the whirlwind my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

to those of you that have unplanned kids, were you and your lady using birth control?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:56 AM

Hey all - I'm the OP (kinda silly that I made the gimmick account, I know, was just freaked out at the time)

I'd just like to follow-up for all of you who contributed to the thread and might be interested in how everything is going.

I went through my freakout phase...That lasted maybe a week or so. I'm not sure exactly when it happened... At some point I just boiled it all down and realized that it WAS a "fight or flight" decision.

I was planning on having kids in 4-5 years anyway, so why not? I made the decision to support her and have stuck with it. ~2 months now

Still a little scared/nervous, but honestly, after I made the decision, I stopped worrying about all of that. The only focus has been preparing for the baby.

The compromise that we came to is
I support this decision
She will support my decision to move (the plan is to be gone in the next 1-2 years)
I think it was a very reasonable agreement

So now I'm busting my ass to get everything prepared for the baby, save up the $ to move (We are looking very seriously at Vancouver), and get prepared to go back to college (ultimately UBC is my goal, but I'll probably have to go to a smaller school at first) - cant be a gambler with 2 people depending on me. All the while, I'm balancing on the emotional tightrope that is a pregnant GF.

LOL - I never thought that stupid [censored] like "not eating my peas" means our kids are going to be rebellious brats. Apparently you have to be pregnant to make that connection [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As a side-note, I forget who it was who responded about having kids being major +Karma, but you were totally right. Random things have just started to go my way lately. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that all of those other insignificant little BS problems that I used to care about REALLY dont matter any more.

So yeah, just thought I'd follow-up and let you all know how everything was going.

If it's a boy, we're naming him Jackson Cain
If it's a girl, Sophie Jade

Ty to those of you who supported me.
And to all the trolls - you dont matter [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

later
Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 AM

good luck

i'm iffy on jackson cain but sophie jade is nice
Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]