Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: The Well: Pudge714

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts on the current status of sngs? Getting more and more tough, eventually making them non-profitable? If not, then which is easier to make money in? Cash or sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]
SNGs are getting tougher they will never be unprofitable IMO. Although Party is a joke.
Cash definitely has a higher ceiling, but cash games are getting a lot tougher too. Look at guys on MSNL like HEK (not to single him out, but he was the first guy I can think of) He was beating 10/20 on Party and is know playing 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, i miss the old party sooooo much. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you ever taken any drugs? and if so, what kind and how did you like it

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you are referring to illegal drugs. Banana medicine is the [censored] it tastes so good that was the one good part about getting strep as a kid.
I haven't done any drugs by choice. I feel like I wouldn't enjoy the high of weed I'm lazy enough as is I don't need a drug to make me more lazy. FWIW I think I would be more inclined to try something hard if there were no side effects, which there obviously are. Like if I could try coke once and be guaranteed nothing bad would happen from it than I would definitely do it as is the chance however small it is I become a coke head isn't worth it.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are your thoughts on the current status of sngs? Getting more and more tough, eventually making them non-profitable? If not, then which is easier to make money in? Cash or sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]
SNGs are getting tougher they will never be unprofitable IMO. Although Party is a joke.
Cash definitely has a higher ceiling, but cash games are getting a lot tougher too. Look at guys on MSNL like HEK (not to single him out, but he was the first guy I can think of) He was beating 10/20 on Party and is know playing 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, i miss the old party sooooo much. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go any non-US country kill a random, steal his identity, play on party, profit.
Or
Move to Cayman islands play on Party get rich, don't play taxes, live in tropical paradise.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or
Move to Bahamas play on Party get rich, don't play taxes, live in tropical paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

IM WORKING ON IT
Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or
Move to Belize play on Party get rich, don't play taxes, live in tropical paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

IM WORKING ON IT

[/ QUOTE ]

Only problem is spotty internet connections but there are ZERO taxes on income derived from outside the US.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 AM

Do you think the PP speed sngs can be close to as profitable, in terms of ROI, as the PP normal's? I know you've said roughly a 20% roi could be sustained at the higher limit sngs... Were you talking about the speeds, the normal's or both?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the PP speed sngs can be close to as profitable, in terms of ROI, as the PP normal's? I know you've said roughly a 20% roi could be sustained at the higher limit sngs... Were you talking about the speeds, the normal's or both?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 20% is the very upper bound for the best SNG players at the higher buyins, so it is still pretty unlikely.
I would imagine it is easier to achieve higher ROI's in regular SNGs as you play more hands per sng and there is more of a skill edge, which means less relying on winning preflop allins. That being said a good sng players hourly would be higher in the speeds.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:32 AM

pudge, what do you think max achievable ROI is at the 114s on stars 8 tabling?

thanks.

ps sorry if this has been asked already
Old 04-06-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEK is actually playing 1/2 now.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:12 AM

In your sngicons blog, were you referring to anyone specific with your "I like when other people run bad" entry?

How large of a sample size is necessary to determine bad play vs. bad luck? I played about 10k sngs last year and was around 9% ROI and now I'm even over my last 2,500. I wonder how much is attributable to the games getting tougher and how much of it is just getting doomswitched.