Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Action for this hand?
Call with confidence 6 27.27%
Call, but its close 10 45.45%
Fold, but hate yourself for it 2 9.09%
Fold with confidence 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Mythra is a SCAMMER

How has Mythra not gotten a title change?

say...
World's Worst Scammer
Sucks at Scamming
Old 02-12-2007, 11:41 PM

Mythra - a few quick ?'s

1) So a "hacker" who logged in from your computer obviously knew about the previous money transfering you had done, correct? He knew the process on 2+2, Neteller, and FTP?

2) The "hacker" set up a money transfer on your hacked 2+2 account with the OP, correct? He obviously knew how the money transfers had worked previously.

3) The "hacker" got a 2K tansfer on FTP and played 1/2 NL for awhile while telling the story of the super bowl bet, correct?

4) The "hacker" then attempted to transfer the funds from FTP into your bank account - which he had also "hacked" - so that he could then email transfer the money to his e-wallet, correct?

5) You were skiing all weekend, correct?

6) You have no receipts, lift tickets, or similar dated items showing you were out of town for the weekend, correct?

7) You were previously busto, correct?

8) WTF?

Pay the man his monies.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:43 PM

it's really is amazing the FTP took such action so quickly. Almost makes me want to play there. I had no idea they could be judge/jury and act on information so quick.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM

Just for [censored] and giggles, this is from the computing services website Terms of Service of the University that Mythra goes to (I've bolded the most pertinent parts):

[ QUOTE ]
Impersonation and Fraudulent Use
Access to computing facilities is a privilege granted by service providers. Any unauthorised access is illegal.

Fraudulent use of computers is not only against University policy but is also an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada. Where the University discovers any case of fraudulent use of its equipment and facilities, the matter will be referred to the police. The University will also take internal disciplinary action.

Impersonation or Identity Theft includes:
pretending to be another person, dead or alive,
- with the intention of gaining a benefit or advantage, including money or other property;

- or with the intention of causing disadvantage or harm to someone else.

Fraudulent use includes:
Any deceit, falsehood or fraudulent representation which causes disadvantage to someone
Mischief to data (changing information or corrupting computer systems, whether or not for personal gain)
False messages or false pretence
Scams and hoaxes
(including chain letters)
NOTE: the university does not distinguish between hackers and crackers. All unauthorised access to university systems is illegal and is strictly prohibited.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Mythra, I hope none of what you did has IP addresses that are traceable to your University, otherwise you're subject to your University's disciplinary system as well as law enforcement penalties. I know when I went to school we once had someone who was hacking from on campus. (I sat on the Judicial Committee as one of the student reps). He was expelled.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:49 PM

lol Jman, just give up. It was all done on my home laptop supposedly. University had nothing to do with this.

I'm currently talking to OP to bring a closure to this.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loc: being hacked

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL locationaments.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is beyond awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I'm still waiting for him to say that his dog did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogs are not this dumb, at all.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I did get similar e-mail from Full Tilt, and I immediately sent him a response. As you all can see from my earlier post to Full Tilt, they do not know that my bank account has been hacked into as well. Full Tilt is saying that I did this because I tried to withdraw the fund to my bank account. BUT MY GOD DAMN BANK ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AS WELL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... What do you mean that your bank account was hacked? If its an online bank like ING, umm, thats damn near impossible, there's like 4 different security procedures you have to go through to log in, at least two of which a keylogger won't help, and "my bank account was hacked" doesn't even make sense in the context of a B & M bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bank with CIBC, their online banking only requires bank account # and a password.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but this isn't an online bank, so you can't make external transfers, so the "hacker" being able to withdraw to your account, even if he had your login information to www.cibc.com, wouldn't do him any good, as he'd have no way to get the money out of your bank account once he transferred it in there...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever heard of "E-mail Money Transfers"? Maybe it's not available in US, but google it. It's very easy to get the money out if you hack into someone else's online banking. You will have cash in your hand in 30 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythra, I have googled "e-mail money transfers" as you have suggested. In order to pull this off, the "hacker" would have to have his own bank account, at a Canadian bank. The transaction would be completely traceable, and as soon as he pulled it off and you contacted the authorities, he would be caught.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is beyond awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Also I want to thank 2+2 for being the best EVAR for the last few months. First there was the Brandi soap opera, then non-scammers helped me get out 5K from Neteller and now this whole drama for entertainment, really really awesome!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Jman, just give up. It was all done on my home laptop supposedly. University had nothing to do with this.

I'm currently talking to OP to bring a closure to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good for you, I woudn't expect you to come clean here, just do the right thing and give the OP his $ back. Good for you dude, and good luck!
Closed Thread