Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Thac is tha nutz at mtts

[ QUOTE ]
Do you push JJ preflop by standard? I may consider pushing queens against certain opponents, I dunno jacks only if I have a specific read on villain (like tilt or a very loose pushing range pf). I fold to the push.
The first hand is hardly rigged. What were you expecting?

Second hand is unlucky, but happens. The fact that you are still up 70$ should motivate you though. When I win a lot of big pots by pushing big pairs preflop I am happy about my winrate, but I think it leads me to overestimate how well I am playing on the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy was tilting hard, had already dropped 3 buy-ins +, and had open shoved bottom pair on the flop. He had raised each of the last 6 hands except 1 (which he called a raise with 63o, as mentioned above). JJ was well ahead of his range there.

Ah well, still a good day. Calling it a night early, since I've already gotten in a bunch of hands and need to do work, etc. Would have been a killer day if I had won that KK hand, and an even bigger one if I had one both though.

Today's graph. Hand ~1160 was pretty sick, I got 4 callers with QQ PF, and rivered the nut boat against trips and a rivered flush.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:29 PM

Blah blah blah I don't get it..

I don't get any hands at nl50, probably variance since I only played a small amt of hands but it seems like that every time I play nl50, and I end up spewing out of boredom.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 PM

Does anyone have an ePassporte account with at least ~$30 in it that I can borrow to deposit to FTP so I can withdraw? I can send $50 on FTP if someone transfers me $30 on ePassporte, I have no offline monies. PM me if you can help, thanks!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 PM

I don't know what it is, but since moving back up to 50NL I'm on freaking fire. My last few months at 25NL were hell, including my first ever losing month, and winrates like 3PTBB/100. I've never seen numbers like that. Two years of playing, topping out in 100NL and I never saw anything less than 6PTBB/100. You can probably deduce I usually single-table a few hours a day at most- well I guess I finally got bored and started playing any two cards. People warned me it would happen single tabling, but I always felt there was more long-term value in really learning how to read players and hands and patterns. Well, I did learn to do that pretty well, but then I used it for Evil. My VPIP climbed, and climbed and climbed, and I bluffed like a sick degenerate. For a while it worked- 40%VPIP can be a lot of fun- but I kept going. Then for a while you feel like the Ancient Mariner...

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion ;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink ;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

The very deep did rot : O Christ !
That ever this should be !
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.
</pre><hr />

And after that, let me tell you, there's a place out there with sea serpents and mermaids and sailing ships and cabbages and kings, and then you go right off the edge of the world into free-fall, and you're like, "[censored] Gallileo".

But when I finally somehow managed to hit my prearranged conservative move-up point it was suddenly blue skies, clear sailing. I'm playing a sane 33/20/3 game again, really good poker, not even getting particularly lucky. No big stackage, just one small pot after another, like a good LAG. I hope it holds, full steam ahead and damn the albatross.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:56 PM

Well after getting bad beat after bad beat to start the day... and thinking poker is rigged... things changed for the better!

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.40
CO: $28.90
Button: $4.25
hero: $32.15
BB: $18.85

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $4.25</font>, BB calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $3.25</font>.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($17, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $12.25</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($41.5, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17, Sidepot 1: $24.5)
<font color="#cc0000">hero is all-in $15.65</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $2.35</font>.
Uncalled bets: $13.3 returned to hero.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($46.2, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $17, Sidepot 1: $29.2)

Results:
Final pot: $46.2
<font color="#ffffff">Button showed As Kd</font>
<font color="#ffffff">hero showed Qd Qs</font>
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed Qc Ad</font>

------------------------------------------------

Full Tilt Poker
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.75
UTG+1: $33.75
CO: $12.25
Button: $12.90
hero: $45.25
BB: $26.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3</font>, hero calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $23.1</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($52.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $52.2)

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($52.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $52.2)

Results:
Final pot: $52.2
<font color="#ffffff">hero showed Td Kd</font>
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed Ad Kc</font>
Old 02-08-2007, 12:12 AM

35k hands in so far, running at 4PTBB, all is well.......had one sick sick sick downswing 3 or 4 days ago. tilted hard a couple times..........two days of decent heaters.........i enjoy life again.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:43 AM

Sustainable?

Old 02-08-2007, 07:02 AM

@Antinome, nicely written!
@fidodell, meh 68bb/100 I hope you signed up for rakeback though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Well for me, everything is going ok, although the party hasn't really started yet, I did make $20 or something 4tabling 4 25nl tables. So not great or anything, but hey it beats losing, I guess I was just unlucky at party, getting called by j8o when I was holding pocket aces, and the river brings his straight. At least I got the unmentionable [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But what I was wondering, now that I play at a site that supports PAHUD, is it worth it compared to gametime?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:09 AM

I moved up to nl50! Almost all these hands are from nl25 today, I ended up being really dumb and dropping 4 buyins fast, but I made them back almost at nl25. I just had a short 6-tabling session at nl50 (320 hands) and ran pretty well.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 AM

I suck out like a pro

Poker Stars
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.15</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.45, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $0.8</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.45, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.05</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $0.24</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.01 returned to Hero.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.03, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $6.03)

Results:
Final pot: $6.03
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed 4s 4h</font>
Closed Thread