Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Party Regs Thread

oh well, thats a bit [censored]. Think ill change my sn so people dont have notes on me! (they store budylists though [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

I was T8_suited btw, did i play any of you guys?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:00 PM

Sunday, 03:00
Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you guys take notes for? i make them only occasionally, I only do when i see a villian do something out of the ordinary. Like making way too tight folds all the time, or shoving in certain weird spots, or when I notice some 12/9 making squeeze plays all the time..
I see in some vids, some guys are making crazy notes on donks like, 'villain bets x amount with top pair, and then calls xxx and then shoves river bla bla' I dont really see how these things would help in future. Its a donk, what can you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]

The things you mentioned above, weird lines players take, what they think the nuts is, do they take the lead with big pair hands or play them from behind, do they bluff rivers, do they bluff c-bets, do they fire multiple barrels, what do they float with, do they get frisky in 3-bet pots, what are their opening ranges, do they limp/re-raise AA...

stuff like that.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunday, 03:00

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers. Funny how Party's always so much worse today than at Saturday 3am, unless it's just a variance thing at my end.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do you guys take notes for? i make them only occasionally, I only do when i see a villian do something out of the ordinary. Like making way too tight folds all the time, or shoving in certain weird spots, or when I notice some 12/9 making squeeze plays all the time..
I see in some vids, some guys are making crazy notes on donks like, 'villain bets x amount with top pair, and then calls xxx and then shoves river bla bla' I dont really see how these things would help in future. Its a donk, what can you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]

The things you mentioned above, weird lines players take, what they think the nuts is, do they take the lead with big pair hands or play them from behind, do they bluff rivers, do they bluff c-bets, do they fire multiple barrels, what do they float with, do they get frisky in 3-bet pots, what are their opening ranges, do they limp/re-raise AA...

stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to note certain hands that donks played weirdly. Or whether players 3bet with things like 88 on the button. Or 3 bet then fold to a 4 bet etc etc.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's more fish and worse regs, so adjust ur game to suit that. If you need to ask how to do that then i seriously doubt ur a winning 2/4 player

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the past 100k hands i've been doubting everything myself believe me! But I can thrash 2/4 and have been doing it for a couple years.

I just need to get my head right again because I've been on a prolonged stretch of subtle tilt.

And I want to get a good start at .5/1 and getting a solid win rate going at any stakes at all would be really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

cian have you gotten any coaching during this bad patch?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I havent. I intended to, PM'd a couple of coaches etc but never really arranged anything. I know that I have been donkey a lot of the time, and I know I am going through really bad stretches of beats. I think I need to just start making consistent $$$ again so I can start getting my career back on track. I'm pretty much certain that I am not a born poker player, and I want to get out of poker as soon as I can. I think this lack of drive to succeed at poker is probably what is holding me back the most but I dont really see that as a bad thing. I make good money from poker, and it's given me opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise. But I'm tired of it now and am looking forward to doing other things that I am genuinely interested in.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:00 AM

So who is doing the grind tournaments?

Oh and btw you can sign up for all of them if you got the 20k one.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Is the bet pot script from overcards.com working? I can't seem to get it working at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM

I earned 300+ points 5 straight days from Tuesday-Saturday and it says I have only qualified for the 2K and 3.5K Grindroll. Is anyone else having a problem? I doubt Party will even answer my emails in time, this is sooo hyachachachacha.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:04 PM

you probably counted points at the inflated rate based on your level (kings, aces, dueces or whatever). Pretty sure you need to qualify 300 points/day at the base rate.
Closed Thread