Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: College Football Week One Thread

[ QUOTE ]
What sucks is like 110 DI schools last year played I-AA teams and Michigan wasn't one of them.

Then this year we actually improve our strength of schedule by picking up ASU instead of Vanderbilt.

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASU is not a better team than Vanderbilt.

I love the excuses that are thought up after Michigan is ranked top 5, and loses to a Div 1-AA at home (when no D1AA team has ever beaten a ranked team before according to ESPN news).
Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM

The craziest part about this whole thing is that if Michigan manages to pull out a 10-win season, and no I-A teams go undefeated, you actually could make an argument that Appalachian State is the best college football team in the country and deserves to be the real national champion. The idea of there being a legitimate debate who's better between the I-A and I-AA champions is just mind-boggling.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What sucks is like 110 DI schools last year played I-AA teams and Michigan wasn't one of them.

Then this year we actually improve our strength of schedule by picking up ASU instead of Vanderbilt.

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the excuses that are thought up after Michigan is ranked top 5, and loses to a Div 1-AA at home (when no D1AA team has ever beaten a ranked team before according to ESPN news).

[/ QUOTE ]

You could use this same rational to say ASU isn't a typical D1AA team and is therefore pretty good. Don't sell their accomplishment short.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The craziest part about this whole thing is that if Michigan manages to pull out a 10-win season, and no I-A teams go undefeated, you actually could make an argument that Appalachian State is the best college football team in the country and deserves to be the real national champion. The idea of there being a legitimate debate who's better between the I-A and I-AA champions is just mind-boggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make the argument, but it wouldn't be a legitimate one.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if this drops UM out of the top 25.

It should. I mean it's [censored] Appalachian State!

[ QUOTE ]

AS QB interview: They just another team with a name on their jersey!

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if David Stern can investigate Lloyd Carr for point shaving...nice 2-pt try in the 4th, typically bad coaching otherwise LDO.

[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. You just got beat by a FSC/1AA team, and you still find a way to make a swipe at the SEC. Vandy would have likely beaten ASU.

I think the UMich bashing in the thread is unneeded, immature, and just generally childish. It's also pretty funny so keep it up guys.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was referring to the fact that according to BCS Strength of Schedule formulas ASU is higher than Vanderbilt.

Not taking a swipe at the SEC, I live in Tennessee FFS. I was just strictly referring to the SoS from last year.

HUGE props to ASU, I knew this would be a tougher game than normal but I certainly wasn't expecting this. gg.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:31 PM

Anyone bashing the SEC is retarded, and I'm from NJ.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:32 PM

O.M.G.

Feel so [censored] sick right now. Best day of the year, picture perfect saturday here in south west michigan and I feel like I just got kicked in the balls. Watched the game at the bar, which made it even worse. Bar cleared out in 20 seconds, not kidding either, completely emptied out with people in the parking lot taking off their jerseys and just leaving them there. How I managed not to break my phone, I have no idea. [censored]!!!

They BLOCKED THE [censored] KICK...I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT, jesus christ!!!

a;lksdjf;dasjlfsadl/f;jkals dfewi iowae4o i;rejf ka;sdl mfsefsadklm fdsk;lajmklfeaw.,fdnad.oie;jh feaiw ohjnfoi4ew ioa ;kldsnf akldsn f.dsam,f n.mad,sf mdsfn.am,dsnfm,ds.,

Hopefully Western Michigan can upset West Virgina...maybe?

Go broncos
[censored] loyd
gg UofM
Contrats to App state tho, sick win...fackers.

rant over.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:33 PM

I go to a school that plays teams every year for a paycheck for a loss. It sucks and it makes me feel bad. Every year we play some random elite school, they send us a check and we get humbled early on. It's the way things go in college football. These small schools come in and allow the elites to trounce us yearly so we can pay for girls softball or something. Today App state took down Michigan and I feel like my pain of those early season losses are vindicated in a way.

Thank you App State, you made my day. It's a turning tide, no longer will those elitist schools look over us, no longer will we be nothing more than a pre-season practice game to evaluate your talent.

Have fun in some random garbage bowl michigan.