Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: rebuy tournaments

[ QUOTE ]

-- Frequently I forget to add on. Usually what happens is, the hand will end at my table but I can't add on until other tables are finished, so I'll bring up Firefox or something to pass the time, and then before I know it the break is over and I've missed the add-on. One way to fix it would be to have a dialog box pop up on my screen, saying "do you wish to add on? yes/no".

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a checkbox?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
When a player is sitting out at a SNG the "sitting out" covers his chip stack and I have to add the other players' counts to figure out how many chips he has left.

This matters late in the game when pushing.

Thanks
ICMoney

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just put you mouse over their avatar and read the chip count there.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 PM

Lee,

Why did you ever let me play on Party Poker?

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] PokerStars!

Thanks!

---------kitty
Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM

It is really awesome to see Pokerstars continuously strive to improve.

Having said that,

SELL US T$ FOR FPPs

That is all.

Anybody second that?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is really awesome to see Pokerstars continuously strive to improve.

Having said that,

SELL US T$ FOR FPPs

That is all.

Anybody second that?

[/ QUOTE ]

>= T$0.15/fpp

opps, >= T$0.015/fpp
Old 10-27-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Please don't stop there. You really need to change the way your buddy list works. As it is right now, it is almost useless to a multitabler. the one-person-at-a-time function is just terribly cumbersome. honestly, the best buddy list was at party but if you don't want to go that far, at least let me put int the names of multiple players at one time. that way i could just copy paste 30 players at a time. as of right now, i can barely even use the list. ideally, it would be like party's AND i would be able to just right click on a player and add him to the buddy list. I would never play anywhere else if you had this option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Lee,

Please sir, can you make it easier for the 8 tabling hudbots to find me. I am a known mark, and I love seeing these same sharks sitting down at my tables again and again.

Gosh, I am really too stupid to realize what is happening and just cannot for the life of me understand why I am forever plagued by the same tough players.

I guess I'll just have to find some place else to play my recreational poker in peace.

Tuff Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Even though most "fish" won't know any different what the new buddy list is for, I think its its an important stance for PokerStars to take that they aren't specifically catering to the "sharks".

Every improvement made so far is for overall gameplay and benefits everyone (who doesn't want faster tables, more FPP, etc). Introducing something that caters towards the more predatory players seems like bad business to me.

Oh, and Tony, I'm a big fan.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Please don't stop there. You really need to change the way your buddy list works. As it is right now, it is almost useless to a multitabler. the one-person-at-a-time function is just terribly cumbersome. honestly, the best buddy list was at party but if you don't want to go that far, at least let me put int the names of multiple players at one time. that way i could just copy paste 30 players at a time. as of right now, i can barely even use the list. ideally, it would be like party's AND i would be able to just right click on a player and add him to the buddy list. I would never play anywhere else if you had this option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Lee,

Please sir, can you make it easier for the 8 tabling hudbots to find me. I am a known mark, and I love seeing these same sharks sitting down at my tables again and again.

Gosh, I am really too stupid to realize what is happening and just cannot for the life of me understand why I am forever plagued by the same tough players.

I guess I'll just have to find some place else to play my recreational poker in peace.

Tuff Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Even though most "fish" won't know any different what the new buddy list is for, I think its its an important stance for PokerStars to take that they aren't specifically catering to the "sharks".

Every improvement made so far is for overall gameplay and benefits everyone (who doesn't want faster tables, more FPP, etc). Introducing something that caters towards the more predatory players seems like bad business to me.

Oh, and Tony, I'm a big fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just hide yourself from the search. If you're gonna have a useless buddy list, why have one at all? Maybe stars doesn't want to cater to people who want to play in the best games they can find. Someone else with an employee who understands basic database management (it's mind boggling how easy it would be to provide a proper buddy list system and how few online sites have one) will provide a way to do that and stars will probably lose business over it.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Introducing something that caters towards the more predatory players seems like bad business to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I'm a predator for taking the game seriously and not sucking. WTF? Table and seat selection is part of the game. No different then what to raise UTG. If you want to ignore that, that's fine. It's your money, but don't try to force your bad play on the rest of us.

Lee,

Please don't listen to these people

Thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 06:16 AM

I would like to second (or 20th) the idea of extending the Supernova period for earning VPPs to a rolling 12-months, or maybe calculate every quarter or something. With the current system, anybody who starts playing anytime after the beginning of the year can end up in a crappy situation, where they have the ability to make 100k points in 12 months, but not in 6 months or 3 months, or whatever.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I'm a predator for taking the game seriously and not sucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, yea. duh. did you really take offense to that post? what's wrong with being a predator?