keep grinding SH 100 unlimited hold them 27 7.34%
dominate SH 200 unlimited 76 20.65%
grind 2/4 - 5/10 SH min bet hold them 20 5.43%
shortstack wherever HIV is 96 26.09%
PPBJ 82 22.28%
BASTARD 67 18.21%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Very good then very bad then back to v v v good

goofy,

dont you live in san francisco? arent there like 340247802 amazing restaurants? yet youre going to work early for cafeteria food? what gives?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:23 PM

PITTM - I agree with you. I really hate girls. I really hate the game. And there are a lot of bitches out there that pull all sorts of crazy [censored]. So I really do feel for you.

Heck, they do it to each other! I can't stand the sheer amount of hypocrisy and backstabbing that goes on, it's part of the reason I prefer to hang out with guys. Guys are fairly easy to understand, mostly because they aren't doing everything in their power to be deceptive.

So I can only give advice in reference to non-evil girls (which may be an empty set ha ha). These are my preferences, and it seems like the girls who don't suck that I know feel the same way. And why waste your time on evil girls? (unless you're into that, which is cool - if guys only went for sane girls I'd be alone forever).

It's hard to clarify what I mean by listening - I don't expect you guys to listen 24/7, but do try to be there for key elements. I even repeat them like 5 times to make it easier :-D I have ADHD and I dated someone who was even worse than I was so I do know how to get the important details through. Heck I can't even stand listening to freaking Wellesley girls prattle on so I totally hear you.

And all this stuff about TRYING and seeming to NOT TRY - that seems like a bunch of horsepucky honestly. Just be yourself. The problem comes in that it's hard to be comfortable with yourself to BE yourself.

That's actually I think the number one cited problem with guys I know when they talk about how they can't talk to girls. I ask them how come they were able to talk to me and they say because somehow they felt comfortable enough to be themselves, and yet they don't know how to be that around other girls.

I'm an actor AND I have social anxiety so I understand how hard it is to put yourself out there, and the only thing I can say is keep trying. Because if you can be yourself that's your key to awesomeness.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate girls. I really hate the game. And there are a lot of bitches out there that pull all sorts of crazy [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
While there are some who will do crazy [censored] no matter what, most girls only tend to pull stupid crap and play games if you let them. If I get the sense that a girl is doing things like this, I will always walk away, which usually just brings them back, but whatever.

[ QUOTE ]

And all this stuff about TRYING and seeming to NOT TRY - that seems like a bunch of horsepucky honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. If you are actively sitting around considering how you are coming off and thinking about trying/not trying you are definitely not where you want to be.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Meh, I can handle both pretty easily. I mean we all handle things pretty easily until our girlfriend says something like "you need to do _______ differently"(ie start listening more) so you find yourself trying to make yourself listen more than you normally would. This is unnatural and youre obviously acting a bit different when this is happening. I kind of feel weird if I am trying to make myself do something so theres definitely a bit of uneasiness, this is all I was referring to.

My two, by far biggest problems with girls are:
1) I am super flirty and girls will flirt back a lot, but I have pretty horrible self confidence and in my mind rejection is like the absolute end all of horrible things that could happen, so i am sure there are times where a girl is interested and because i read there being a slight chance she won't be interested I just don't try.
2) Every girl I meet and get interested in tends to already be in a relationship, which sucks sosoosososososo much. I was really good friends with this girl in college who was going out with one of my friends. She would always hang out with me all day and we would do tons of fun stuff and I would treat her great. Then at like 11pm she would go spend the night at her boyfriends house and sex him all night. She obv was attracted to me at least a bit since there were a couple near-cheating incidents, but I just wouldnt let it happen. It just ended with me feeling super lame about it and our friendship kinda fading away. I guess I feel like i kinda get friend zoned more often than I would like because I can like hang out and stuff beyond just having sex and leaving. Boo life.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 PM

RJ:

1. This is the thing that PUA bs is correct about, you HAVE to let go of that fear. Seriously, just one day of going around hitting on every single girl you want to will cure you somewhat of that irrational response: being rejected is not the worst, it doesnt mean anything, and you can recover from it almost instantly if you practice.

2. Adults dont do that kinda stuff so don't worry you'll grow out of it.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 PM

divides_by_zero & PITTM: those last posts of yours make my eyes bleed.

Beyond having some stereotypical wrong views on male/female interaction you both seem way to wrapped up in (over)analysing and trying to control the thought process of the other person.

Put your focus inwards, not outwards.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
divides_by_zero & PITTM: those last posts of yours make my eyes bleed.

Beyond having some stereotypical wrong views on male/female interaction you both seem way to wrapped up in (over)analysing and trying to control the thought process of the other person.

Put your focus inwards, not outwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think pretty much the most obvious flaw that I have is that I get super upset/worried about/caught up in stuff that I really have no control over. I mean my 2p2 banning was essentially for chewing out Mat over a part of 2p2 that will never change anyway, but i wanted this change so I argued for it. I really wish I could let things go easier and I am working on it.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goofy,

dont you live in san francisco? arent there like 340247802 amazing restaurants? yet youre going to work early for cafeteria food? what gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

Menlo Park, and what gives is that tasty breakfast burritos for like $4 is a pretty hudge breakfast brag imo.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in other words listen to what they have to say and then ask a meaningful question that shows you understood

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I said something like that before and got ripped apart [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean on here, or to a guy?

i don't really follow this thread, so i'm not in the know if it was on here

i def think it's true though, it's just that when most people think they're doing the above they're actually not and are being obvious or arrogant
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM

In diebitter's nerd thread - although I don't think I phrased it right and everything got out of control and whatever. It was a bad day. But still funny. Internet fights are hilarious. I'm tempted to pick one with Droogie for making claims that he didn't back up/explain, but I don't think it's worth it.