Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

When they talk about themselves, they talk about the world by default. And since they are the ones granting acceptance through the jade gate, their endlessly reparsed discussions about how, when and why it may be breached affects all of us. Girls start learning how to be playas in the heavenly kingdom very, very young. I'd guess about the second grade it begins in earnest, as that's when girls, according to both personal experience and a study I saw an article on once, begin to understand the power of the lie and how easy it is to get away with it.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When they talk about themselves, they talk about the world by default. And since they are the ones granting acceptance through the jade gate, their endlessly reparsed discussions about how, when and why it may be breached affects all of us. Girls start learning how to be playas in the heavenly kingdom very, very young. I'd guess about the second grade it begins in earnest, as that's when girls, according to both personal experience and a study I saw an article on once, begin to understand the power of the lie and how easy it is to get away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg,

the point being, if girls would just play on teh monkey bars, or tag or something, life would be much easier on both sexes.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg,

the point being, if girls would just play on teh monkey bars, or tag or something, life would be much easier on both sexes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth.

Less talking! More monkey Bars!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Absolutely. Unfortunately, both being the gatekeepers and doing their own version of PUA since they were tiny puts us dudes in the position of playing catch-up.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth.

Less talking! More monkey Bars!

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, more seating underneath them!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Unfortunately, both being the gatekeepers and doing their own version of PUA since they were tiny puts us dudes in the position of playing catch-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, def, the whole "PUA" thing is a reactionary measure, when you get to where I am, you are making them take reactionary measures to try to catch up. This is a good summation of the "progression" that I was talking about.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just gonna restate my original questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think these are your original questions, but I'll take a shot at them anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Take the theoretical, stereotypical PUA critic, sort of a mock-up of the stock criticisms. The guy who won't / can't pick up some random club girls on a regular basis, but at the same time justifies his unwillingness / inability to do so for moral reasons. If he can't pull it off anyway, is there any actual merit to his whole song-and-dance about 'I don't choose to behave that way,' or is it just a cop-out? Is there any actual merit, from a moral standpoint, in refusing to do something that one would likely not be able to pull off in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most men are instinctively terrified of doing anything the PUAs suggest, like approaching strange women and immediately starting to flirt with them. They fear the anticipated humiliation of being "shot down" or scorned by these women, and the further embarrassment of doing it in public, where all the other terrified chumps will notice their failure and laugh and point fingers.

It's much more comfortable to say to yourself, "well, this PUA stuff wouldn't work for ME, I'm just not funny/clever/handsome/whatever enough for it to work." So they do not try it, instead preferring to continue the type of behavior they've been practicing their whole lives... NOT approaching women, being super polite to the ones they talk to, nervously asking for phone numbers, and then returning to their rooms to beat off/play video games.

One is reminded of the exchange in the 40 Year Old Virgin, where Andy the virgin says "this just doesn't feel right," and Jay the PUA says "RIGHT ain't workin' for you! You need to try some WRONG, dog."

To become a PUA, the man must "re-frame" his thoughts about approaching new/strange women. He must understand that he WILL get rejected most of the time, and that being blown off by a total stranger after a 30-second conversation is NOT the end of the world. He doesn't even know her, why is it humiliating if she rejects him? She doesn't know what she's missing, etc. The PUA also realizes that to have success, he MUST approach, approach, approach and practice, practice, practice, until the women begin to respond. He also understands quite clearly that he will never get laid/a girlfriend/a wife if he does NOT approach women, unless he is rich/famous/really great looking.

It's time to try some wrong, dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother. Love the 'it's time for some WRONG lol I should see that movie.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:04 PM

Bkholdem,

So when you say 'sex addict,' are we talking Brenda Chenowith here, or did / do you just love to [censored]?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:28 PM

gawddam anacardo you are so effed up in the head regarding women it's unbelievable. you should become a monk or go to a therapist. ask them why the only the good women out there are the ones you will never ever bang. this is only a few steps away from norman bates land.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gawddam anacardo you are so effed up in the head regarding women it's unbelievable. you should become a monk or go to a therapist. ask them why the only the good women out there are the ones you will never ever bang. this is only a few steps away from norman bates land.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read of your posts, Boris, you seem like sort of a Fascist, with a skull denser than lead, so while I guess your opinion is noted...