Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

A known multi accounter comes on here,says what he says, which is very relevant to the OP and you guys get stuck on something which is pretty much non relevant.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this "Clayton" issue is done. I think it was nice that someone took him up on his offer to check thepokerdb, it was nice that Clayton exlained it, and we should move on. Whatever happens here on out is between him and Stars. Hopefully they close all his second accounts and continue to let him play on his original account. Clayton has had a lot of good people immediately stand up for his character, and that says a lot about him. I do feel very bad that this went public. I wish in hindsight I had more generically raised the issue as to whether people with several accounts should be reported. Again, I had no idea that Clayton would be so obviously who I was talking about.

Going forward, the issue is relevant in the sense that dabbling in the gray areas can lead to this kind of thing. Again we are back to knowing that there are blatant cheaters out there, and knowing that people know who they are, and yet as far as I know not much being done about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%.

I understand if people don't want to post rumor/suspicion/innuendo here, but at least pass those rumors along to security people at the relevant site. Stars et al have no incentive to scapegoat people or look for multi-accounting that isn't there, so I don't think there's much danger of people being improperly punished as a result of rumors that turn out not to be true.

This is really pretty simple. We as regular players have access to the information about who might be up to no good. Security as the means to investigate and take appropriate action. It is up to us to give the information to them so that they can do their jobs for our mutual benefit.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:37 PM

I think the biggest concern for us now is not if stars catches these players but when they do to make sure they make it public just what is done to them to show others what happens if they cheat and get caught. I was chatting with someone on AIM who just laughed if some multiaccounters got caught they wouldn't lose a lot of money if they are cheating and know it they leave accounts lite. And if they lose a few accounts prob will start back up next week with a new IP unless sites make it more public whose on their blacklist and why. Making the punishment personable is key because reputation in poker is soo key.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:40 PM

There's "multiaccounting" as in participating in one tournament with multiple accounts.

Then, there's "having multiple accounts."

No one disagrees that multiaccounting is far more damaging than having multiple accounts, but having multiple accounts is definitely cheating. If Jurollo's at my table in the $20r, I should know it's him and his expectation is that I know him as WPThero. End of story.

Having multiple accounts for the sake of anonymity is an edge that is against the terms od Poker Stars, but not UB. On UB, do what thou wilt with your 3 accounts. On Poker Stars, you are who you are and no one else.

What's so hard about this? What people want to do with their knowledge is up to them, but not reporting people with multiple accounts is enabling a prohibited edge. If it isn't an edge, I go back to UCLA's statement that there's no reason to have multiple accounts.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:09 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

clayton 100% RB? O RLY?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:01 AM

i wish sites were more open with the cheaters they have caught. I think the players of the sites have a right ot know whether they were involved in tourneys/cash games/sngs with cheaters and whether they have been fairly compensated.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish sites were more open with the cheaters they have caught. I think the players of the sites have a right ot know whether they were involved in tourneys/cash games/sngs with cheaters and whether they have been fairly compensated.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be a publicity and administrative nightmare, and would only be a way of satisfying the bloodthirsty mob. While I'm very, very firmly against any sort of shady behavior in poker, I would not support this.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 PM

I am just a break even micro stakes player. I doubt anyone will care what I think, but I am going to say it anyway. I think it is relevant because it explains why I am not going to put any money in the kinds of tourneys where abuses occur.

When you have twenty or so top pros entering ten or so stakehorses in major tourneys with the obv. intent of taking over these accounts when they get going by using AIM then this is in fact multiaccounting.

And you can't hold that no one is controling more than one account at a time when this happens. Or you can, but its not believable.

This can never be stopped as long as there are players that are willing to be pimped out like that.

But it could be contained. If people would aggressively report this behavior and if the sites would take action.

Not likely. This is the way it is all over, not just poker. But thanks for the threads guys, you have cured my Sunday million itch. Keep posting.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just a break even micro stakes player. I doubt anyone will care what I think, but I am going to say it anyway. I think it is relevant because it explains why I am not going to put any money in the kinds of tourneys where abuses occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

We care what you think Jimmy. And since the 10% of players who are profitable make their money off the 90% who are break even or losing players, where players like you decide to play should be of interest to EVERYONE in these forums.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 AM

Paul,
If it bothers you so much why don't you just play online cash games (where cheating is much less rampant) instead of tournaments?