Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Official June Thread: General Discussion/etc

Yes 300/600 ldo.

[ QUOTE ]
my $5K downswing became $6K within 10 hands of todays session. i say to myself to only play 2-4nl today, but i see a fish at 5-10nl and can't resist, so i hit that table. in the first or second round i raise pf with AK clubs, guy reraises with QQ, i push, he calls (i have a wild rep with this guy, he'll call with AQ). flop comes comes with 2 clubs but i still miss. i settle down and grind out for 2,000 hands or so at 2-4nl and 3-6nl with a touch of 5-10nl and pick up about $2.5K so that has helped. still though this sucks.

one thing i would add about the whole going pro thing is if i knew i could make this hourly rate (~$250/hr) forever i would never go get a job. my concern is that it won't last. right now i'm sitting out on the patio, with food and drink next to me. that's much better than being jammed into a train choking on someone's armpit stench. (even though im 6"3 this still happens)

anyways, gl all, im looking forward to tomorrow, it'll be my first proper drinking session in 7 days. woot.

also i completely agree about getting into a schedule. i won't go to bed any later than 2am and will wake up between 9.30am till 10am. my plan is to do non-poker stuff in the morning (golf, god forbid i may actually try getting fit for the first time in my life, emails, recovering from hangover) then have lunch 1.30pm-2.30pm, play 2.30pm-7pm, then dinner then pub or dinner then play 8pm-1.30am.

also around once a fortnight i have people's birthdays, short holiday etc so i also have a 2-3 day break every so often. however, this wouldn't be fun if i couldn't make enough at cards, and that's my concern. hopefully though it won't happen as i really want it as a side income.

[/ QUOTE ]

Online poker is not a fad, as long as it is legal and easy access the games will be thriving. Practically everybody I know likes to play poker. The only people who don't haven't played it before, basically the same reason poker wasn't very popular until Moneymaker won the WSOP ; nobody really knew about the game.

I can't say online poker is here to stay forever, but I will say that the only reason it could ever die is if it were to be shut down altogether, which in itself is extremely unlikely.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AE you might wanna ship that $5 now just to get it out of way

[/ QUOTE ]

what'd we bet on i forgot
Old 06-05-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my $5K downswing became $6K within 10 hands of todays session.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope it never ends, soon it will carry over to real life.

had my front windown smashed and gps stolen while i was at work today, i don't even have to play poker to run bad.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 PM

I'm in Las Vegas now and I finally have the internet working. I'll be splitting my time between playing and finding an apartment. PM me if you're interested in meeting up somewhere. I think I'm gonna go play tonight... just not sure where.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker is not a fad, as long as it is legal and easy access the games will be thriving. Practically everybody I know likes to play poker. The only people who don't haven't played it before, basically the same reason poker wasn't very popular until Moneymaker won the WSOP ; nobody really knew about the game.

I can't say online poker is here to stay forever, but I will say that the only reason it could ever die is if it were to be shut down altogether, which in itself is extremely unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree online poker will still be around, i just wonder about it's profitability. i guess i don't won't to have to worry about a secure financial future, and whilst trying to become an accountant will be ultra dull, it should secure a good financial future (albeit could be less than if online poker stays the same) and if i can still fit in 5 hours a week online, thats another $50K/year, doubling my salary. If I was in the job my brother now is in having recently qualified, he gets all his evenings and weekends free and almost a $100K salary, so if he could earn online like me, then he could play another 20 hours online/week, earning another $200K a year.

i just cant understand how the numbers will work out; you have an increasing ability of an increasing number of regulars playing and increasing number of tables each, yet you are not having an the same increase in the number of fish. this looks likely to continue as you have hordes of college students coming out turning pro 8+ tabling 30 hrs/week.

anyways, i sincerely hope i am wrong becuase the money rocks.

played 4.2K hands today and picked up a bit over $2K so a good way to reversing the downswing.

gl.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 PM

What is your mt ratio John?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM

my mt ratio is 6.52 since i finished exams. that was 19 days ago and since then logged 85 hours (average of 4.5 hours per day) for 44,700 hands. never played so much i dont think. i managed about 50K hands in the 4 weeks of feb. been running at 6.11ptbb/100 which im pleased with.

i aim to 8 table but sometimes when i get tired i just play 6 or 7, plus spend time loading up the tables etc.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 PM

Does anyone want to trade $1k FT for PS? (I'll give you PS, you give me FT) I'll send first to reputable posters.

Adam
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone want to trade $1k FT for PS? (I'll give you PS, you give me FT) I'll send first to reputable posters.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

You got PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM

Unfortunately for everyone I have decided to no longer post in this forum about poker. My life is pretty boring and frankly kinda depressing/monotonous consistently doing 40k-75k months.

I will still be active in the Sports forum and some others.

However, I am making the stipulation that I will make posts letting everyone know when I do 100k months.

GL to everyone.