Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: ***Offical Summer Transfer Thread***

The Henry situation was an unfortunate one. He pretty much said he was only going to go to Barca. Combine that with his age and injury filled past 2 seasons and the 16mil makes sense.

I don't think Fabregas is leaving. He is pretty much tied to Wenger. I wouldn't mind Gallas leaving. Then maybe they could bring in a better partner for Toure or Senderos/Djourou plays with him.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Henry situation was an unfortunate one. He pretty much said he was only going to go to Barca. Combine that with his age and injury filled past 2 seasons and the 16mil makes sense.

I don't think Fabregas is leaving. He is pretty much tied to Wenger. I wouldn't mind Gallas leaving. Then maybe they could bring in a better partner for Toure or Senderos/Djourou plays with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote djourou. Kolo is great but not that great.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 AM

Kolo is great with the right partner. Senderos is the right style of defender, but he needs to improve.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New Nike Wayne Rooney Ad. Kinda awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny version:

you tube
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/6748685.stm

wigan just signed Jason Koumas. I know we haven't been keeping track of each and every transfer (the reo-coker one wasn't mentioned), but this is one I find very interesting. Koumas is a class player and is moving to a club that will be fighting relegation. I think that I'm more suprised that a club in a better league position hasn't made a move for him
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

It seems that Malouda to Chelsea is a done deal now.

The impact of this will depend on what happens to Robben. I think Robben is a fantastic player who grates Mourinho, so it seems like a good buy opportunity for someone. Looks like Real Madrid, but RM claims they're about to buy every player under the sun.

I think Malouda is a good player, but it doesn't seem to address what is (IMO) Chelsea's biggest problem: Essien, Ballack, and Lampard are all most effective as central midfielders, and there's only one central midfield spot when Mourinho insists on having Makelele holding. Until they get those guys out of the way of each other (Lampard to Juve/Barcelona makes sense) they're going to be a tactical mess.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Arsenal have apparently finalized a deal with Bakary Sagna from Auxerre, another Frechman of course. I have also heard that Martins is the next target, especially since he will no longer play internationally for Nigeria.

I hope we sign Martins, dude is sick!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope we sign Martins, dude is sick!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I like Martins okay, but he is a pretty typical pacey forward with dodgey finishing skills. I saw a lot of his Inter games when he was there, and to me he seems like a lot of sizzle and no steak. Sure, he can really hammer the ball from 20 yards - just wide of the net. Sure, he can turn a defender to the outside with his incredible pace - and then fumble the ball out of bounds. He really seems like the kind of player who inspires "Oh my God" reactions, but at the end of the campaign when you tally up his goals its always 15 (all competitions). Good, but not great.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM

17 goals with a crappy Newcastle team is pretty nice. Especially since it was his first year in the league.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
17 goals with a crappy Newcastle team is pretty nice. Especially since it was his first year in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, he's not a disgrace, but over the last several years he's been way under a goal every two games. It's not terrible, it's just not elite.