Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Shot a very poor 47 in St. Louis with my Dad this weekend on a short, easy course. Never found my swing. I blame using my uncle's clubs, which I never got comfortable with. Chipping got better, putting was still poor, but improved as the round went on. Greens were uber-slow compared to Vegas and took a while for me to get comfy crushing my putts.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:03 AM

114 from the blues on a course I usually hit from the whites and shoot 105ish on....

...terrible fron 9....slow and dragging backed up at every hole and then wide open back as it was like 95 and humid as [censored] and all the old folks had to run for shade that were in the way...

...only reason shot from blues is because my buddy I played with ALWAYS shoots from blues and I thought what the hell why not.... He shot an 88 and its only the 4th time out this year...his putting was atrocious or would probably have been mid 70s....

Overall felt good about it...probably get out twice more and need to amp up my game for my Vegas trip 8/5 - 8/11 as will be playin with friend who shoots mid 70s consistently and dont wanna embarass myself
Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 AM

I shot 90 today on my usual course, Valle Del Sol in Costa Rica. I was having a fantastic (for me) round unil 14, when I hit a big drive and then hit a bad 9, a bad wedge, a bad wedge, a mediocere wedge, and two putted for a triple.

odd note: A player was struck by lightning and died on that hole last week. I had been curious to see what the hole would look like (eg, memorial? charred ground?). It looked the same as always.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
98 at Fairfax National on Saturday; 50 on the Wilderness 9, then 48 on the Bull Run 9.

I am pulling everything lately. I have always had some draw on the ball on many of my shots, but now even the shots that go straight are just dead pulls to the left. Anyone got any ideas?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

43-49=92 on the same course today. 30 putts -- one three-putt, five one-putts, and one chip in (for par, after my sand shot rolled over the green).

A couple of bad holes on the back really ruined my round. On ten, a 467-yard par five (I think that was the distance), I pulled my three-wood approach pin high but left of the green, and was faced with a tricky decision: make the safe play and chip to the left of a large tree, leaving myself with a very long birdie putt, or try to squeeze the ball in between the tree and the trap on the right hand side. Somehow, I managed to go right AT the tree with my third shot, resulting in a one-putt bogey six when the dust cleared.

My three-putt resulted in a bogey, and was thanks to the worst lag putt I have ever hit in my entire life.

I also tripled one hole where I managed to hit my drive BACKWARD: My five-wood off the tee on this short par-four went screaming off the toe and hit a tree like 10 yards away to the right. The ball flew backwards and landed in the woods to the left of the tee box. Played the hole okay once I re-teed (bogey).

Made some good putts today, and am experimenting with a driver off the tee. I am hitting it okay and it's giving me a few extra yards, but I'm still not hitting it very far (230 at the most). Any time I really concentrate on shifting my weight and bringing the clubhead through quickly, I end up with a snap hook.

Playing Blue Mash tomorrow.

-McGee
Old 08-04-2007, 11:41 PM

Weekly league 9 this week, shot even par 36. Three birdies, three pars, three bogeys.

Best round of the year. Not the hardest course in the world, but I've posted 47 there this year. Amazing how you can shoot both scores within the span of a few weeks. I love golf.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 AM

81. Five doubles, one bogey, two birdies. Putting was much better, but lousy sand play resulted in two stupid doubles.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing Blue Mash tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out in 43, in in 49 for a solid 92. All this despite a triple after a perfect drive on the first and 22 putts on the back.

The course is nice; the front nine is as close to a links course as I've ever played, and the back retains some element of that while bringing trees and water into the equation. They take driver out of your hands on a few holes and there are many decisions to make, many different ways to play the same hole. The greens are very tricky and they aren't shy about about putting the pins in tough spots. I wish it weren't so expensive ($89 to ride on the weekends, where I can play the course I played yesterday for $30), because it's a fun challenge.

-McGee
Old 08-05-2007, 04:01 PM

shot an 82 Friday while hitting 13 greens. lowlights include missing a 3 foot birdie putt on a par 5, driving a 310 yard par 4 on the fly and three putting from 20 feet, hitting a short birdie chip 3 feet, and taking back to back double bogeys on both the front and the back (two of which were caused by hitting short irons OB on par 3s)

tbh I can't complain too much because I putted great in short stretches and drove the ball fantastic (6 drives over 280, the longest of which was about 330), and all in play.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM

83. Short game pathetic.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I learned that if I hit my hybrid off of all the tees I will scores consistently lower rather than spewing drives all day and trying to recover.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... shot the best 9 in my life using a 3 iron hybrid off the tee (180-220 drives). Shot a 46, but pretty easy course (slope 106)