Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TURN:
Check 3 11.54%
Bet 23 88.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: As the mod, if I want that [censored] to be long, it\'s gonna be lo

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Mexico City this weekend!

If anyone has knowledge of the place, i posted a bunch of questions over in OOT:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=10221042

They don't really know me there, so my responses have been weak so far, but you guys [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] me (amirite) so if anyone knows anything, please let me know.

thanks,
tyler

[/ QUOTE ]

be careful tyler!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 table M:TG online

[/ QUOTE ]

what's M:TG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Magic: The Gathering, effing n00b.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could play that for free online I'd be interested in doing it. I never played the game seriously, but it was a lot of fun (esp. 4-5 way free-for-all games).

[/ QUOTE ]

legend of the five rings is more fun i think. it is like a storyline powered ccg and you can attach yourselves to personalities, clans, families, whatever. plus it is samurai-y so it is uber cool.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
be careful tyler!

[/ QUOTE ]

thx fooge. Mexico City is only like a blue in terms of difficulty, so i'm not really worried.

unless you were talking about my having posted in OOT, in which case double thanks, cuz it's scary in there.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:24 AM

i think looking for drugs is just asking to get mugged unless you have a hookup already
Old 05-03-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Mexico City this weekend!

If anyone has knowledge of the place, i posted a bunch of questions over in OOT:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=10221042

They don't really know me there, so my responses have been weak so far, but you guys [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] me (amirite) so if anyone knows anything, please let me know.

thanks,
tyler

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyler,

never been to Mexico (just to Peru/Chile), but the hint about the water in the OOT thread is probably good.

Plus, if I decided to loose a few nerves on my first evening, it'd be on the airport bargaining for a not-too-horrid cab fare. Keep in mind, you'll have your luggage with you and you're (presumably?) alone, two things that seriously limit the kind of "resistance" you could put up if push comes to shove.
It's just neither the time nor the place to prove to yourself what kind of a kick-ass backpacker you are. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 04:39 AM

ask how much the taxi fare is beforehand; don't just get in the cab and then ask once you get there.

also yea, only drink bottled water.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ask how much the taxi fare is beforehand; don't just get in the cab and then ask once you get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Just ask someone from the airport staff what it should cost. Then get your bargaining shoes on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Just ask someone from the airport staff what it should cost. Then get your bargaining shoes on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another reason is to prevent the cabbie from taking the longest route possible to get to your destination.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:11 AM

yea i don't think you'll be able to bargain taxi prices much; at least i wasn't able to while i was there. it's more a case of not getting taken advantage of like xhad mentioned, or just that they see you're touristy/monied and they see what they can get away with.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:20 AM

Don't know about Mexico, but in Peru there's the airport taxis (those that pay an admition fee to the airport parking area) and there are those that just wait outside the airport. If you tell them "Well, it's supposed to be $5 (or whatever) and if it isn't I'm just going to the ones outside", usually their only other concern was if I was paying in Dollar... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Obv., that hypothetical $5 was including the airport fee. Since they full well know that if you offer that same price to someone who doesn't have to pay that fee, he's making a good cut, they equally well know that you won't have much trouble finding transportation outside the airport area for $5. So their only choice is to play straight or wait for easier prey...
Closed Thread