FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

We have to keep in mind here that the higher end Supernovas are worth alot more to stars then just the value of our own net rake. Imagine how many games we keep alive and get going because we are playing 6-12 tables at once ? At any given cash game there is at least 3 supernovas, what happens if all 3 of us stop playing ? Tables start to break. So stars has to give us alot more incentive to continue playing.

Playing your ass off all year long to make it to Elite just to get 67% rakeback is not really worth it for anyone. You can get close to that on other site without having to put in that many hours. And that is the highest level at stars.

As far as the other levels, it is even lower percentage of Rakeback, so they do need to increase the amount of money they put into this program at least by 50%. They have recieved a ton more Supernovas than expected and a ton more rake.

As for me personally, I would also benefit from the new Supernova+ promo thats been talked about, but I doubt it will happen, stars is too stingy.

In my opinion the only people who benefit from these promos is SNG players, because stars is only site that offers such high volume of SNG. As a cash game player there are many sites where I can find same volume of much better games at the same rakeback rate without having to sacrifice all the time that is required on stars.

All and all stars is losing a ton of players who generate 10-20k a month in rake with their stingyness, and stubborn clinging to the stupid freerolls.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously the players who think they can make it to 750k are going to campaign for more stuff for reaching 750k.
If pokerboy1 played at different stakes or the points were different or something and he was going to easily make 1.5 million VPP's then I think he would be campaigning for more stuff for 1-million and beyond and wouldn't really care so much about 750k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. This makes me think you aren't really reading my posts but are commenting on them. That is slightly annoying.

Twice now I've shown that your value goes down after 500,000 VPP and doesn't come back up until you hit Elite. That is why I am campaigning. Would I still be doing so if I weren't in this group? Probably. If you read my other posts I'm also campaigning that Elite's get to keep their status past June of the next year. Does this affect me? No. Also, Henry AND NewGuy BOTH agree with the points I made and are helping the campaign EVEN THOUGH neither of them fit into this category. Henry plays more and NewGuy plays less.

In other words, you are wrong.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 PM

I also think it is in Stars' best interest to implement something at least similar to the SN+ plan.

As I showed, for each player they get to play from 500,000 VPP to 750,000 VPP they earn $14,000. If it's 100 players (this may be on the high end) then Stars is costing themselves $1.4 million dollars by not doing so. So if they want to cut their bottom line then so be it.

As I have said before, I will gladly play the standard 500,000 VPPs next year. If Stars wants to offer me more incentive past that point then I will certainly consider it. I would actually prefer to give Stars all of my action. I love their site, software, and customer support. But I'm not going to cut my bottom line to do so.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Just a situation that I think a lot of players are in:

I play stars only right now. I started playing 25nl in Dec or Jan at the beginning of this year, and am now at 2/4+. I will make 500k VPP's, but barely. Stars will keep 100% of my play. I play 80k-100k hands per month.

Next year I will reach 500k so easy, and I don't find it worth my time to reach 750k. I think it is more valuable to me to play 8 tables stars and 3-4 of the best Tilt tables. This will allow me to get 500k still and then also maximize bonuses as well as finding the best games. I think 750k would be relatively easy, but between the other bonuses I would get by playing at Tilt, I don't find it worth it. I could not get to Elite without killing myself to play, and I don't want to do that.

So I dunno if this helps anyones argument but it is the situation I am in. I am putting in 100k hands per month right now because the 5k bonus is good enough that I really want to get it and I was behind from my early year play in the micros. At the higher levels of play game selection becomes more important, so without some better bonuses for hitting a different level(Like if we had Supernova+, maybe I don't get a huge bonus for getting it, but the extra % of FPP would make it worthwhile considering I keep it throughout the next year like Nova by meeting certain requirements) then I will be playing more like 75% at Stars.

P.S. The way Elite expires is just dumb. I would never go for Elite because of this, and that is the main reason as well. If I could keep it for a whole year then the FPP for the year after would be good enough that I would go for it, but no way with how it is structured now.

Edit: Also, why do certain changes for benefits have to come from other benefits? Are you seriously telling me Stars doesn't have enough money to raise the stakes of their VIP program? I think Stars should simply add money into the pot(no pun intended) of money that they distribute to VIP players. Try it for one year, and see how many more go for the higher levels. I don't see why Stars raising it's VIP allocation of money is all that big of a problem because if they have to give away 6k at 600, 7k at 700, etc or whatever else is suggested, then obviously they have still made more because the people have to play more to even get there, and it is all profit from the 200+ players that are going to be splitting their time as of now. I think keeping your 12-tabling grinders at mid stakes should be a very important thing for you.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Prodigy, thanks for your input. There are a lot of us that fall into this category.

Could you post a PSA in the full ring forum asking any other players who are in this spot to post a line here? I don't think anybody realizes how many of us are out there.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 PM

Gladly man.

Also, check the edit on my post.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 PM

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few. I know at least two who are not on 2P2.

Normally I don't play much if at all after Sept but the milestones will get me to keep going next year.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 PM

The drawing idea made me wet myself.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how I feel about the choice of $7500 value vs. EPT package at 750k.

[/ QUOTE ]
please don't. I can't be the only one who doesn't want to play in tournaments. Don't care much getting no or little value from the weekly freerolls but please leave the big bonuses as cash.

Plus if I'm wasting a week at a big tournament then that's a weeks rake Stars aren't getting.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 PM

I like the drawing idea in lue of the freerolls.