Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This is a good idea and I smoke weed
Agree 15 46.88%
Disagree 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: KG traded to Celtics for Jefferson/othercrap

He's the anti-Rondo. Good shooter, bad defender.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 PM

It looks official, Celtics sign Eddie House and Jackie Manuel

I am sure Celtics fans are thrilled Ainge locked up Jackie Manuel. He may not have been available in a few months...
Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You all really think the Pats are 20% to win the SB? That seems way high. I'd have to think that the Chargers and Colts are right around the same odds as the Pats, so if they're 20% then the other 2 are at least 18%. Then you have the Ravens, Broncos, Bengals, and Steelers(don't laugh)...and thats just the AFC!

Don't get me wrong....I have no problem with calling them the favorites(although as I said I'd lump them in with Indy/SD), but 20% seems high to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

One person did. Not "we all."
Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You all really think the Pats are 20% to win the SB? That seems way high. I'd have to think that the Chargers and Colts are right around the same odds as the Pats, so if they're 20% then the other 2 are at least 18%. Then you have the Ravens, Broncos, Bengals, and Steelers(don't laugh)...and thats just the AFC!

Don't get me wrong....I have no problem with calling them the favorites(although as I said I'd lump them in with Indy/SD), but 20% seems high to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no clue what to give the Pats so I just went with the tradesports odds on that, and I definitely rounded off too. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:46 AM

It may not be 20%, but I think it's more than say 15%. They will likely have to only play 3 playoff games. If so, one will be at home, another will be possibly at home, and the third will be against the NFC. Yeah, lots of things can go wrong, and personally, I like the Chargers, but 15% seems like a reasonable price.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:32 AM

The Celtics also waived Luke Jackson, far too quickly in my opinion.

He has a contract to play for the Raptors now, and the Celtics are STILL paying the rest of his contract off.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The pats were very close last year and none of the elite teams nor the second tier playoff teams got better reinforcements than the Pats did. The Chargers are probably the most underrated team because they are just so loaded with talent but they have yet to find a coach who can lead them properly. I'm from MA but I dropped money at 4-1 on the Pats because I feel this is will be one of the best Pats teams of thier run.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:25 AM

who is jackie manual?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who is jackie manual?

[/ QUOTE ]

He played on the UNC national championship a few back. He might have had one or two more seasons after that, don't really remember. Either way, he was only really notable on that team for his defense
Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We signed Eddie House today for one of our guard spots. Isn't her more of a shoot first guard? I know he used to fill it up in college, not sure how much I like this. Someone sell me on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where'd you read that? I'm not happy about it if true, unless it's for very very cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

House is perfect. Competent PG who is a great shooter. Perfect backup for Rondo.

[/ QUOTE ]

House is in no way a point guard. I don't mind the signing, but this is not the veteran point everyone says we need.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably biased a little because I loved House when he was in Phoenix, but I think he will do very well in Boston if he's not the point guard. He is an incredible shooter and hustles on every play. I went to a Mavs game where they played they Nets. (Yes, I root for the Suns in Dallas. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) They had this play where Kidd would dribble towards the corner and just hand the ball off to House at the 3point line while setting a screen, giving House a wide open three which he hit every time.