Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good grief Stars.

It is easy as pie to get all the business you could possibly want from these guys.

It is not by creating a site that is friendly to the eight tabling grinders and pros.

Make your site friendly to ME. The rest will follow in more abundance than you can imagine.

Tony Tuff Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuff --

The two changes he made above were that he sped up the tables (you like this) and he gave more FPPs to low limit players (lower limit recreational players like this). What changes has he made that will alienate the "fish"?

[/ QUOTE ]

When did they speed up the tables? NL tables that is. I know they had turbo limit tables for a while. I am not interested in limit.

I certainly didn't see any speed up a month ago in the NL tables.

I would love turbo NL tables with a time bank for those occasions when you actually do need to ponder. But don't let the time bank be a bailout for inattentive multitablers.

More FPP are good.

Tony
Old 10-27-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people would rather make a good return then break even more often. Please look into changing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. [1] But here's my argument:

I think our job is to maximize utility over all of our players. If the winner gets $185K or the winner gets $175K, he's going to have a very good day, period. But if we take that $10K and distribute it over a bunch more players at the tail end of the payouts, then we made that many more players happy, and kept them in action.

Furthermore, look at how frequently the players do a deal when they hit the final table. They are specifically rejecting the chance for a bigger payoff in favor of spreading the money out. The longer payout table produces that exact effect.

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree about this, because I personally think that longer payouts are good for us, good for the games, and ultimately good for the players.

Just remember one of the more memorable things Mike Caro ever said: "It's a terrible thing when perfectly good poker money is spent on a refrigerator."

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[1] The good news is that neither of us is likely to produce "most people" to defend his specific position.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks –
As always, we appreciate the feedback that you give us about PokerStars; it’s the best way we know to improve the site.

Based on your suggestions in this thread, we’re making some changes:

FPPs for low-limit and 6-handed tables

All fixed limit tables with limits up to $1-2 will give the first FPP when the rake is $.40.

All NL/PL tables up to $1-2 blinds will give the first FPP when the rake is $.40.

All 6-max tables will give a second FPP at $2 instead of $3. Note this is not true for games being played 6-handed at 10-player tables – just 6-max tables.

Important note: because we’ve just made this change, existing tables will not reflect the change – only newly generated tables. It should take about 24 hours for most of the tables to regenerate so they all reflect the more generous FPP rules.

Dealing speed

We got out our stopwatches and compared our dealing speed to the competition; y’all were right. We are going to make some changes but we still want our players to be able to see what happened in the hand without having to look at the hand history.

We’ve already implemented some changes on our “fast” (formerly “high-speed”) tables. We have reduced the “time to act”, delay between hands, and other parameters. You should find the playing experience faster and smoother.

We’re going to speed up animation for fast tables and turbo tournaments in the next software build (about 3 weeks from now). In the meantime, you can turn off animation if it bothers you.

The all-in slowroll. It’s gonna go faster – again, that will be in the next software build.

Again, thank you for the comments and suggestions. We’re always delighted to be able to say “yes” to our players.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Please don't stop there. You really need to change the way your buddy list works. As it is right now, it is almost useless to a multitabler. the one-person-at-a-time function is just terribly cumbersome. honestly, the best buddy list was at party but if you don't want to go that far, at least let me put int the names of multiple players at one time. that way i could just copy paste 30 players at a time. as of right now, i can barely even use the list. ideally, it would be like party's AND i would be able to just right click on a player and add him to the buddy list. I would never play anywhere else if you had this option.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM

Lee,

I have to disagree about the fatter payout structure. I, along with every serious player, cannot stand the fact that you pay so deep in the Million. As my way of protesting I have never entered(except accidently) an event that uses the 20% payout structure. I do not play mtts to get 1.2x my buyin back, I play to final table and want to be rewarded when I do make the final table with more money.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Please don't stop there. You really need to change the way your buddy list works. As it is right now, it is almost useless to a multitabler. the one-person-at-a-time function is just terribly cumbersome. honestly, the best buddy list was at party but if you don't want to go that far, at least let me put int the names of multiple players at one time. that way i could just copy paste 30 players at a time. as of right now, i can barely even use the list. ideally, it would be like party's AND i would be able to just right click on a player and add him to the buddy list. I would never play anywhere else if you had this option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Lee,

Please sir, can you make it easier for the 8 tabling hudbots to find me. I am a known mark, and I love seeing these same sharks sitting down at my tables again and again.

Gosh, I am really too stupid to realize what is happening and just cannot for the life of me understand why I am forever plagued by the same tough players.

I guess I'll just have to find some place else to play my recreational poker in peace.

Tuff Fish
Old 10-27-2006, 05:21 PM

When a player is sitting out at a SNG the "sitting out" covers his chip stack and I have to add the other players' counts to figure out how many chips he has left.

This matters late in the game when pushing.

Thanks
ICMoney
Old 10-27-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Lee,

Please sir, can you make it easier for the 8 tabling hudbots to find me. I am a known mark, and I love seeing these same sharks sitting down at my tables again and again.

Gosh, I am really too stupid to realize what is happening and just cannot for the life of me understand why I am forever plagued by the same tough players.

I guess I'll just have to find some place else to play my recreational poker in peace.

Tuff Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% agree, find your fish the old fashioned way.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:33 PM

Can we please get 6 max PLO tables, and also can we institute either a $50, or more preferibly a $100 Short handed tournament. The $30 short handed on Tuesday Night is getting close to 400 ppl. I think it would be great to introduce a higher buyin version of that tournament. Thanks
Old 10-27-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When a player is sitting out at a SNG the "sitting out" covers his chip stack and I have to add the other players' counts to figure out how many chips he has left.

This matters late in the game when pushing.

Thanks
ICMoney

[/ QUOTE ]

You can hover the mouse over the stack to see his remaining chips. If you do that once though I think you need to do the same to another player before you can read the sitting out players chip stack again.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 PM

Aha, yea. I think the buddy list thing should be mutual, and be like UB's ultimatebuddy maybe. It shouldn't be used to stalk fish
Well, there is a hide from search though.