View Poll Results: Pick one
Plasma 0 0%
LCD 4 57.14%
CRT/DLP 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD JULY

One thing I may yet do is give live coaching to men who want to know how to pick up women and [censored] them. Infinite demand and so forth. Because women are a game, like poker (only WAAAAYY easier), and there are concrete things you can do to vastly improve your success.

However, dealing with 'problem cases' didn't appeal to me, so I chose to play poker for a living.

But in the middle of a 35K breakeven stretch... =(

BRB, going to the street corner to sell my body for money in the interim.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:49 AM

Actually I feel like this girl might be a huge cocktease kil so maybe you did do the right thing. Isn't she a lot older than you? She sounds like a high school girl.

Then again maybe you guys could've [censored].
Old 07-12-2007, 02:38 AM

btw, did goofy get any in vegas? missed the report on that. please update me.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 AM

I still have a week left, but thus far no, and GA lost his bet since he's left town.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:56 AM

So I decided earlier today that if I make more than $1k before Monday, I'm quitting my piece of [censored], dead end job. And fianceé is behind me with whatever I do. My expenses total around ~800-900 a month, with maybe 400 extra for gas/food/fun.. is this out of the question or possibly not bad? I would probably look for a job with better hours I guess, but I would be reluctant to look. My hours right now suck though, they have me working monday at 6:30-12, and wednesday 4:30-12 when I specifically told them I have class at 8 am on Tuesday and Thursday *[censored] you all, I know summer classes blow*. I hate where I'm at in my life right now other than in my relationship status
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 AM

thac,
You leave yourself a lot of room for variance to play in those 4 days. If you hate your job and know you can play well in the long run just go for it.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I decided earlier today that if I make more than $1k before Monday, I'm quitting my piece of [censored], dead end job. And fianceé is behind me with whatever I do. My expenses total around ~800-900 a month, with maybe 400 extra for gas/food/fun.. is this out of the question or possibly not bad? I would probably look for a job with better hours I guess, but I would be reluctant to look. My hours right now suck though, they have me working monday at 6:30-12, and wednesday 4:30-12 when I specifically told them I have class at 8 am on Tuesday and Thursday *[censored] you all, I know summer classes blow*. I hate where I'm at in my life right now other than in my relationship status

[/ QUOTE ]
If you only need to average ~$2k per month, I don't think this is a bad idea at all. I don't know what you make in your job, but if it's around that region, this seems fine to me. You'd ideally want a few month's expenses saved though...

A lot of the time when people go pro they are giving up/badly hurting their chances at being able to do anything else in the future, and you aren't doing that.

$2k is pretty easily sustainable at $100 NL. I would infact think that I could hit $2k per month playing ~40k hands per month at $50 NL, long term...
Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 AM

Definitely have a larger bankroll than you need for playing at your level, though. Things like getting sick etc can really make a bankroll crumble (trust me). I'd recommend at least 40 BI for whatever level you're at on the low end. 60-70 would be safer. Good luck
Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 AM

So today the korean girl called me on the way to school around 9 am.

Basically it was like "I need to borrow 5k$" "Wtf why" " I need to have it in a bank account to show the american government so I can get a american visa."

She said she only needs 5k$ for two days, and she needs it soon because she's quitting school very soon, and it's hard to get a american visa without being a student.

Then she changed her story and said she's buying a plane ticket today to germany, and needs an answer today. Because if I can loan it to her then she'll delay her flight.

I said I'll think about it, but if she's forcing me to make a decision today then definitely no. I thought about it, discussed it with my friends and now I think no way in hell i'm loaning her 5k. Two of my good friends said if I did loan her 5k, they'll kick my ass, and I should stop being friends with her for asking.

I called her at 3pm today and no answer, the first time I've ever had a dead line when calling her number. And it's 10pm and still no reply.

lol scamaments?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:26 AM

Wow.

That's really messed up.

Good call by your friends. I probably wouldn't talk to her again if I were in that situation. How well do you even know this girl? Pretty sketchy.
Closed Thread