Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you climax during sex?
never 7 3.83%
rarely 4 2.19%
sometimes 10 5.46%
often 11 6.01%
nearly always 53 28.96%
always 98 53.55%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: CHI/ARZ Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boldin can shred anyone at anytime, along with a few other wr's.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one can shred anyone at anytime. See Carolina-Seattle in last yer's playoffs

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, Carolina was down 17 or 20 early in this game. Delhomme played like absolute crap, and since Carolina was no threat to run, Smith was double covered every play.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what is with the guys on Boldin's nuts? He's a #2 WR that had a big game when the #1 was out. He's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded. He had almost 1400 yards recieving as a rookie and averaged over 100/game (more then Fitz) in the 14 games he played last year. He has great hands and is probably the best WR in the league right now at gaining yards after the catch because he runs through tackles like no other reciever I've ever seen.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering what is with the guys on Boldin's nuts? He's a #2 WR that had a big game when the #1 was out. He's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boldin is a #1. He destroyed in his rookie year as the #1 WR.

The reason the Cards are so scary on passing is that they have 2 #1 WR's playing on opposite sides.

If Fitz was out for the whole season Boldin would finish in the Top 5 of all WR's.

He is also one of if not the most physically tough WR to bring down after the catch. Which is amazing given he started as a qb in college

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm talking about [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Like people talking about Reggie Bush being a "top WR".

Furthermore, I don't think it matters at all if he was a Martian in his previous life. I think he's a very good #2 WR but I don't think he's a top 5 WR at all.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:55 PM

[quote
6) Another few weeks of listening to the worst fans in all of sports go on and on and on and on and on and on.....The newspapers around Chicago already had stories last week about 16 and 0. Every radio station talks Bears nonstop. Every Bear piece of apparal has come out of the closet. Bears talk is 24/7 in every environment. Picture the worst traits of White Sox fans and the worst traits of Cub fans molding into an uber-pathetic voltron of Bears fans. Reason and logic tread lightly in the Chicago area for the very gloomy fall to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically your [censored] on Bears fans because they are excited about the fact that their team is undefeated right now? I find that laughable. What other team should the Chicago radio be talking about right now?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:00 PM

mt2r,

You're wrong about the bear's fan lack of desire for an offense. I have told you this before and I sure other bears fans on this board will back me up. We would like to be like the Rams and just have pro-bowl QBs out their asses for past decade.

As for bears fans being bi-polar, yea that's probably true. We have a team that is playing well and we are going to enjoy it. Big follow our teams more closely when they are doing well.

Your write-up on the game was solid. Not much to say aside from that.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boldin is a #1. He destroyed in his rookie year as the #1 WR.

The reason the Cards are so scary on passing is that they have 2 #1 WR's playing on opposite sides.

If Fitz was out for the whole season Boldin would finish in the Top 5 of all WR's.

He is also one of if not the most physically tough WR to bring down after the catch. Which is amazing given he started as a qb in college

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm talking about [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Like people talking about Reggie Bush being a "top WR".

Furthermore, I don't think it matters at all if he was a Martian in his previous life. I think he's a very good #2 WR but I don't think he's a top 5 WR at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well you offer nothing to support the fact that he's just a #2...given when he was a #1 he dominated.

And if he is a #2 like u assume..then he isn't a very good one, he is above and beyond the best #2 WR in the entire league.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Boldin is awesome. Anyone who doesn't should just go look at his stats over the past couple of seasons they are amazing with or without Fitz. Easily the best combination since Randy-Carter or Marvin-Wayne. This week proves nothing about how good he is.

Rookie Year: 101 Reps 8 TDs 1377 Yds
Year 2: 56 Reps 1 TD 623 Yards (crappy QB and Injured)
Year 3: 102 Reps 7 Tds 1402 Yards in 14 Games
Year 4: 40 Reps 502 Yards 3 Tds in Games

Those are amazing numbers for a player's first four years.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a rookie he finished 3rd in the entire NFL in both receptions and yards. The next year he was hurt for much of the season. Last year he tied for 3rd in the league for receptions and finished 5th in yards despite missing two games. He finished 1st in the league in receptions per game and 2nd in receiving yards per game. Last season the supposed #1 only finished with one more grab and 7 more yards despite playing two full games more than Boldin.

Saying Boldin is a #2 who had a good game when the #1 was out is completely moronic. Thinking Boldin is just a decent player is also moronic.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one said he's the next Rice. But name 10 WR's who are better than him. Here are 5:

Holt
C. Johnson
Harrison
Fitzgerald
S. Smith

after that, he's right there with TO, Roy Williams, Hines Ward, etc. He's really good.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:25 PM

Leave it to MyTurn to keep this thread alive.

I remember saying in either the Bears thread or one of Finks ratings thread that this was my #1 fear with the Bears. If you throw short quick passes you can move down the field. Now the way the Bears combat this is that the linebackers clean the WR's clock when they catch it. So if you can make good throws and not fumble when hit then you can move the ball. Every defense has a weakness that is the Bears.

The second bigest problem is that you can confuse Rex Grossman and the way he combats being confused is trying to throw the ball as hard as he can, through as many small cracks as he can. This turns to problems.

The Cardinals came out and did both of those things. Cudos to them. The Bears still found an unbelievable way to win.

If I'm Denny Green I would have fired my special teams coach and cut my punter. You kick a bunch of line drives at Devin Hestor and sooner or later he will break one. There really hasn't been a team that has kicked to him since the first game of the year. The Cardinals kept waving the meat in front of the Tiger and got bit.

I don't think I would have fired the OC. If you wanted to come out and just keep pounding the short passes I think there might have been even more turnovers. The Bears had adjusted and moved the slot guy (Manning and Manning) up to the line and he was jumping outside passes and used Briggs on the weak side to stop the short pass there. Thats why on the last drive the Cardinals threw those short passes to the backs. They could have manned up on the offensive line and at some point decided the best linebacker in the NFL should not be running free at their running back, but they never seemed to come up with that.

As a Bears fan I would pay a million dollars for a guarantee that Grossman would stay healthy for the rest of his career. I think the Bears did a good job this year of listening to the clamoring or just learned from the past two years that they needed to bring in a viable back-up. I think they did that. I also understand that Brian Griese is going to be best for this team holding a clipboard and coming into fourth quarters of blowouts. That means Grossman is healthy and that is when the Bears are the most dangerous on offense.

Just please tell me he can learn form this game...please.