Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker Dependency?

While we're at it, we should go ahead and ban 2+2 books and the strategy forums, we don't want anyone improving their abilities. Plus, it's not fair to the fish that don't know about 2+2 and/or these forums, we don't want to give the fish a unfair disadvantage.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll make this as short as possible.
No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. I 8-table 6-max just fine with/without the use of HUDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think some people lack your ability

[/ QUOTE ]

I think almost everyone else lack's your ability.

FYP

By the way, this is one of my biggest arguments against the use of PT and HUD's.....it allows the average to slightly above average player to play more tables and win more. A great percentage of the players 8 tabling with PT and a HUD could never win without the aid of them. They might win on say 2 tables, but the use of these programs allows them a much higher "slaughter the fish rate" by playing many more tables.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:45 AM

It doesn't matter if PT/HUDs give certain players an advantage because everyone has access to it.

Going to college certainly gives me an advantage entering the job market, but damn that's not fair for those who didn't go to college.

Should individuals be penalised for spending extra money and time to get better? Or should we try to level the playing field?
Old 04-22-2006, 11:07 AM

It is my belief the the majority of people who are anti-poker tracker are not strong players and are just simply jealous that they're not benefiting the same as those players who are more skilled. Thus they feel they are "ruining" their game. I'm sure there are many players who used to be able to beat many of the games on Party but can no longer due to their increase in difficulty. I still don't see much of a problem because there are many sites out there where you can play that don't allow PT and are far softer than Party.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is my belief the the majority of people who are anti-poker tracker are not strong players and are just simply jealous that they're not benefiting the same as those players who are more skilled.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not anti-PokerTracker, but I am against software that runs while you play. I think it's quite the opposite of what you say. The best poker players stand less to gain from tools than the mediocre poker players. Strong, winning players got that way because of skill, experience, attention span, reflexes, math ability, and human understanding; ALL of which are accelerated by software aids. Game play software helps equalize the playing field. Period. It's not us vs. fish like people say. That's incredibly oversimplified.