Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Affiliate convention in Amsterdam-discussions of rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think it is that much of a minority. my affiliate numbers are down 40% since the Accelerator finished. That means people are willing to wait for offers, and get tired of demanding offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAA, can you clarify, I'm not sure I understand your statement. Are you saying your party players are playing 40% less since A8?

Sorry, kind of a noob question.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AAAA, can you clarify, I'm not sure I understand your statement. Are you saying your party players are playing 40% less since A8?

Sorry, kind of a noob question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am playing 100% less since A8
Old 04-16-2006, 11:27 PM

yup, i just went in and looked. There was a deduction early in the month that indicated 10% of last month's rake got subtracted for either the final bonus or the last week payments, and then if things don't pick up some this month, we will barely reach 60% as much as last month.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that people are letting party know two things...they won't play nearly as much without a bonus, and that when the bonuses are done the way the accelerator was done, people get fed up and don't want to play for a while.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think it is that much of a minority. my affiliate numbers are down 40% since the Accelerator finished. That means people are willing to wait for offers, and get tired of demanding offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

or it could just mean they are tired . . . .
Old 04-16-2006, 11:35 PM

I hear you! I sent substantial bonuses via quick cash to encourage some play, but Party staff should be shot for trying to dictate to the choir, to mix a metaphor!

Don't they realize that we are all a bunch who will play poker as much as we can, but that we are the ones who know when and how much we should play. Just giving straight percentages back, like the standard rake rebate is the totally fairest method of stimulating play!

Even the 7 day time limits on clearing bonuses is a bad idea! People feel worse when they lose a bonus, than they feel good when they clear one, and they feel downright angry when they lose more than the bonus trying to clear it by playing too many tables at the last minute!

Party has succeeded yet again in creating an adversarial relationship with the players!
Old 04-16-2006, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have paid a ton of rake to party poker in the past and I'm currently looking for a good rakeback deal. I feel somewhat cheated by them (party) and lied to. As such I will probably quit playing at party until they offer some kind of RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker sites do not pay rakeback to players. They pay rakeback to affiliates to bring in new players. Affiliates invented giving rakeback to the players, not the poker sites.

What is happening, (and you are one example of thousands), is that existing players are trying to create duplicate accounts through rakeback affiliates in order to get rakeback. This doesn't bring in any new revenue for the site, and in fact it actually reduces their revenue. If you can't understand why the sites are against having their existing player base cannibalized by this, then you're blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, like microbob, used to play exclusively on a party skin (30k hands a month.) Even since they split from the skins, I have not played one hand on the party network and split it between networks I get rakeback on. It's not a question of just people creating new accounts, thus causing 25% or so less revenue for party.. often times party will lose 100% of that players revenue to another site.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:41 AM

I'm nothing to do with the affiliate industry, but this is an interesting discussion.

I started playing 7 or 8 months ago and signed up for a couple of sites before I ever heard of rakeback (Absolute being one). Now I do know about it. So the result is I haven't played at Absolute in months, I play at other sites that I do get RB. If I could easily open a new account, I'd probably play at Absolute.

So the site is losing all the revenue that I would generate as I just play at other sites. Its the same at Party - the only time I'll play there is when they offer me a bonus.

I guess the bottom line is that the sites know they are losing some revenue by their attitude, but probably judge that what they are losing is less than what they could potentially lose if they opened the floodgates and make it easy for people to open a new account for RB.

I have no idea if their maths is right is not, but its their business, so I guess its up to them....
Old 04-17-2006, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both the guys from RaketheRake and RakeRebate.net did a fine job presenting the case for why Rakeback is a needed thing in the industry. The meeting certainly got heated at points and I will just give you some highlights some lowlights and what my opinion is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get to see the mysterious "Jessica" from Raketherake?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:27 PM

if you didn't sign up through an affiliate at absolute, you are likely able to change to the affiliate of your choice. if you did sign up from an affiliate, you can ask them to contact your affilaite about rakeback. be sure to let them know that you won't beback until it gets resolved...but do it politely.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:45 PM

The way I see it, if there were no rakeback, bonuses, offers, etc, the rake taken at sites like Party Poker provides a ridiculous amount of profit. The amount of rake is based loosely off of what is taken at a B&M which obviously has a much, much larger overhead. The market simply needs to right itself and rakeback and bonuses are the way the market is doing it. I can understand Party not wanting this to happen, but be real. They are swimming in money because of their large market share in an emerging market that has yet to come to a realistic profit margin.