Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER.........WAY BEHIND OTHER SITES

[ QUOTE ]
1) You almost cant see the cards in the other end of the table. Especially on the lighter tables. Also the button is difficult to see. That is a HUGE problem as it is important to know how many players is in the hand. NOT IMPROVED!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a little short sighted and often have difficulty seeing the cards at the other end of the table. Also at a live table the dealer button is sometimes obscured in some way.

True poker is all about giving a realistic poker experience. I think they have moded these features of a live game very well.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER......... Where too many players play for \"fun\",

[ QUOTE ]
Also - yours is not the only site that makes you sit-out to rebuy at the table. You have to have a hand where you fold early on and then hit rebuy kind of quickly. Pretty annoying.
I can't remember the other site I played on that made you do this as well...but you aren't alone in having made this mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

iPoker Network I belive. Very irritating.

Still the one I find most irratating is Absloute's daft "Palyer x is disconnected, we will wait 30 secnds" model dialog [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

A lot of the problem with True Poker is that they are just so different. Not what you are used to, so that alone can put a lot of people off.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER......... Where too many players play for \"fun\",

I've never played at TruePoker, but I will say I am amazed that their CEO takes the time to respond the these issues within a few hours of them being posted on an internet message board, and engages in more than canned responses to players concerns.

That alone is reason enough for me to check them out and give them a try.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:25 AM

Ok...I'm gonna chime in....I friend referred me to True Poker so since he helped build up my bankroll alot be allowing me to refer him...

My beef about True Poker...

- it is slow...not excatly Pacific slow..but it aint fast as bodog or party either..

- When you see your cards you don't know how much $$$ you have...you have to put your cards down to see

Thats about it...I like the site so far...It is hard to clear the bonus at lower limits but other than that, it is a nice little site and I'll be playing there for the time being...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: TRUEPOKER.........We are interested, Pat

I'll try to explain the technical problem, as described to me by Pat.

It seems to be the case that TP is the only site that does not include seat numbers in its hand histories.

Because you don't number the seats, let's say part of the hand history is written thus:

ZeeJ has $100
Z.J.6 has $300
JustZ has $500

PT could be made to assume ZeeJ is at Seat 1, Z.J.6 is at Seat 2, and JustZ is at Seat 3.

All good to go.

The bad news is that a player called JayZee joins the table and sits down between Z.J.6 and JustZ, so the next hand history shows:

ZeeJ has $100
Z.J.6 has $300
JayZee has $200
JustZ has $500

This is where the problem starts.

Without seat numbers, PT would have to assume that ZeeJ is at Seat 1, Z.J.6 is at Seat 2, JayZee is at Seat 3, and JustZ is at Seat 4.

PT would then have to record that a different session had started, as it looks as if JustZ has changed seats.

After an hour, PT might have recorded play as being over ten different sessions, instead of the actual one session, skewing all the associated session statistics provided by PT.

If you would like to demonstrate that you wish to work with Pat, (and, by association, us), please ask your techies to add the seat numbers to your hand histories, forthwith.

Thanks very much for your renewed interest in this apparently minor stumbling-block.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:03 PM

Any news on when you'll be adding the PT-necessary seat numbers, Mr True?

Pat says you haven't been in touch with him since this thread of six weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to your site being PT compatible.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZeeJ has $100
Z.J.6 has $300
JayZee has $200
JustZ has $500

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, nice.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:44 AM

I have played at TruePoker for the last 3 months. By and large I think the games are a little slower than average, and the software is a little hard on the eyes.

I have enjoyed playing there, primarily because although game selection is limited, the games are better than average. I believe a big reason for this is the 3D graphics appeal to poorer players, and that the lack of Poker Tracker support prevents better players from trying it out.

I am disappointed to learn of your interest in supporting PT, and I hope you reconsider.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:54 PM

when will the four color deck be available? That would alleviate the difficulty of distinquishing spades and clubs. It is listed as an option but cannot be selected.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:13 PM

You stop at a max of 1 point per hand even though playing at a 3/6 table many hands are raked for $2-3. I always felt if you played at a higher level and generated more rake you should get more player points and thus also clear bonuses much faster. Thanks in advance if you reply to this Dave aka Mr.True.