Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Bankroll For High Stakes Players

i try to keep a total of ~10-15 buyins at the 4 sites i play. you can quickly shift money around between sites and neteller, so if i downswing at 1 site i can shift money over if needed.

I have another 5 buyins at neteller in reserve

if i lose more than 10 buyins within the time needed to replenish from bank-->neteller then thats good tilt recovery time.

There is no need to keep more than 5 days worth of $$ needed Neteller/sites since that is the time to reload. The rest of my roll is in Vanguard Mutual Funds.

-g
Old 04-04-2006, 02:44 AM

Gergery -

I have spent a lot of time and thought on this and come up with exactly the same system as you have, right down to the choice of fund manager. It is the perfect balance of always having money to play, never feeling short stacked, and earning interest/capital gains.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, my bankroll is 30k. Poker is my only source of income. Where do you guys keep the bulk of your roll? Right now I have it all sitting in PokerStars. But I know that at any moment it could be taken for some [censored] reason.

Like they could say I'm colluding or something and confiscate it(read the Strassa thread, it does happen). Then I'm ruined.

So do you guys keep your entire roll at the poker site? In Neteller? In your bank? Do you get worried? You guys probably have 60k-100k bankrolls, and the swings at 10-20 are fierce from what I've heard.

So do you keep like half in the site, half in neteller? Or something like 15 buyins in the poker site, 10 in neteller, and the rest of your money in your bank account, and replenish when needed?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your whole bankroll is at the poker site, that is quite depressing and probably means you are playing way too high stakes.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:42 AM

No matter how good you are, anyone can lose 10 x full buy-in over 1000 hands, so I try to keep a float of this at least in the site. It would be more if I multi-tabled a lot.

If you can deposit easily, without charge, then it's crazy to keep a huge amount at one site. Unless you just like the look of it on the screen that is.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:17 PM

I was always taught to have 30x the buyin for a bankroll. I've grinded my way from .01/.02, so I've always had at least 30 buyins for whatever limit ive played. I think my bankroll management has always been above average. I just never realized people took money from their active bankroll to invest. Now I know.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 PM

depositing on full tilt is not fun