Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: I Screwed Up

"Think about it: Justin made no effort to hide the fact that he was playing with multiple accounts in the same MTT. "

This is not my understanding of the situation, allthough I don't know much. I don't think ZJ was open about what he was doing.

FWIW I don't think Justin was trying to collude. I just take some issue with the two statements I highlighted. If the purpose of his post is to get some form of absolution, to me, it better not smell like bs, and some of that smells like bs.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I agree with you that Party's line of judgement is not a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheaters deserve to be punished. Whether he "knew it" or not, ZJ cheated, plain and simple. I have a very hard time feeling bad for a kid who was giving himself 6 chances in a tournament where 99% of the field had only one.

That said, this most recent post is much more responsible and honorable than the earlier one where he denied doing anything wrong. I certainly hope that somehow the old "once a cheat, always a cheat" parable is wrong in this case, and only time will tell. This seems to be a good start.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:58 PM

One nitpick point in what seems to be a generally contrite attitude and apology

[ QUOTE ]
I recently got caught by PartyPoker and PokerStars using multiple accounts in tournaments. There were six different PartyPoker accounts that I used. I did this by exploiting a bug which let you open multiple PartyPoker clients on your computer simply by clicking on the icon rapidly.

<font color="red">At that time, I unfortunately did not realize that what I was doing was unethical.</font>
For starters, many of the poker players that I have learned from were using the same practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've having a hard time accepting these statements at face value.

We'll see (hopefully) how you move forward from here. Interesting post regardless.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:00 PM

not to jump on your back Justin, but after reading your post it sounds like your intentions are only to clear your name out of concern for your reputation. It really lacks sincerity as you still don't seem to realize you took advantage of other players by cheating. As miniscule and hypothetical as it may be there's a victim, and it's not you.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I agree with you that Party's line of judgement is not a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheaters deserve to be punished. Whether he "knew it" or not, ZJ cheated, plain and simple. I have a very hard time feeling bad for a kid who was giving himself 6 chances in a tournament where 99% of the field had only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this, I agree. He violated Party's policies and in accordance with those policies, Party took the line of action they were entitled to based on their terms of service. If you break a law/policy and that law/policy says we can do X to you, then you certainly cannot complain when you have X done to you if such law/policy is clearly stated.

However, this doesn't mean that I cannot disagree with the punishment at hand.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
" If the goal was collusion, I would have multi-entered smaller tournaments like sit’n’gos. This is something that I have never done."

This is nice, considering that as I understand it, you couldn't have entered the sng with multiple accounts anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus dids, calm down.

people that act like jerks when other people try to apologize are among the worst people i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think <font color="green">dids</font> served the forum well by noting this, in my opinion.

Not knowing ZJ at all, I'm hoping that he is truly contrite and has changed for the future. Statements such as the highlighted one, and others, make me a bit nervous about his "rebirth" into ethical purity.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:03 PM

Ya, we will probably forgive you, as long as you learned why what you did was wrong. But I really dont expect anyone to agree with you when you said party's zero tolerance stance is harsh or wrong. It is smart. Your example will discourage others from doing the same thing and huritng poker and all the honest players. You can at least take solace in the fact that you have been made an example of.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This apology comes across as heartfelt and genuine. Regaining your BR will be easy, regaining your reputation will be the hard part. Hopefully if people see you as contrite and apologetic, the forgiveness will come sooner rather than later.

If there's one thing that online poker players can thank you for, it's for posing as a warning to other potential multi-accounters out there. Hopefully others will learn from your mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this "apology" blows. He still blames Party for his troubles, citing them as overreacting to his violating their terms of service.

He doesn't agree with it one bit, and would still continue doing this type of thing (and my be with other accounts and in a more hidden manner)

He hasn't learned any lesson, and those of you buying into the bs spewing from his mouth are blind sheep.

And those saying Party over-reacted. What do you expect them to do, launch a ridiculously long investigation into the situation, which costs THEM money and time, just to make sure a CHEATER isn't screwed out of money he may have won legitimately?

If cheaters only have to risk they money they won via cheating, then they have no reason NOT to cheat, because nothing of their own is ever at risk.

Once again, I re-iterate: if I rob a bank of a million bucks, and the worst that can happen to me is I have to pay that million back, with no other punishment on top of it, there is ZERO reason for me NOT to rob the bank everyday.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a very hard time feeling bad for a kid who was giving himself 6 chances in a tournament where 99% of the field had only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were the only problem that would result from multi-account playing, I would have no problem with it at all.

How is that different than a rebuy tournament? ZJ paid for 6 entries, he got to play 6 entries, each entry had the same X/Y chance of making the money. If there was no possibility of self-collusion, or bubble play, or any other real problems, I wouldn't care about 6 entries into the same multi-table tourney, just as I wouldn't care that someone rebought into the same tournament 15 times after busting out each time.

ZJ,

good to see you have cleared up your view on things

good luck,

Marnix