Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Robbed at Gunpoint

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering, what city/college?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly Princeton. The black gangs around there are ruthless.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hard to say. Is the guy drunk and just waving the gun around? Or is he focused? If it was the former, running would be the better option, but if the latter, the highest percentage win rate will be to draw your own, saying something like you are getting your wallet. If he is focused and you try to run, he may plug you after your first step not even giving you a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do the opposite. If he were drunk, I would be much MORE likely to run. This is because 1) he's drunk and therefore less likely to hit a moving target, and 2) he's drunk and therefore much more likely to make a rash decision (like getting in a point-blank shootout with you).
Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hard to say. Is the guy drunk and just waving the gun around? Or is he focused? If it was the former, running would be the better option, but if the latter, the highest percentage win rate will be to draw your own, saying something like you are getting your wallet. If he is focused and you try to run, he may plug you after your first step not even giving you a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do the opposite. If he were drunk, I would be much MORE likely to run. This is because 1) he's drunk and therefore less likely to hit a moving target, and 2) he's drunk and therefore much more likely to make a rash decision (like getting in a point-blank shootout with you).

[/ QUOTE ]
tell me again how this is the opposite?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
tell me again how this is the opposite?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. I misread.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 PM

I think simply running away here is the best option. It poses absolutely no threat to the robber, and I don't think the chances of him shooting you for running away are very high. He just wants your money, not a life sentence for murder.

You could also just say, i'll give you my wallet / money but there's no way in hell i'm getting in your car. I'm sure he'd be more than glad to take the wallet and avoid a complicated situation if it doesn't look like you're going to comply.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:37 PM

Sorry to hear it. You're lucky to be alive. Never get in the car. Don't know if the officer told you, but your chances of survival were higher if you ran and he shot you.

Also, for whatever reason, these two pegged two young men as marks, meaning they thought you were weak. I'd make sure that appearance went away if I were you.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think simply running away here is the best option. It poses absolutely no threat to the robber, and I don't think the chances of him shooting you for running away are very high. He just wants your money, not a life sentence for murder.

You could also just say, i'll give you my wallet / money but there's no way in hell i'm getting in your car. I'm sure he'd be more than glad to take the wallet and avoid a complicated situation if it doesn't look like you're going to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Escalating the situation by pulling the gun is a terrible idea. Getting into the car is also a bad idea. If the guy wanted to kill you, he would shoot you and THEN take your money. Run away.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they went to take out money at the ATM they should have his face on the camera, so they should eventually catch him.

I would of tried of not getting in the car, because I wouldnt want to get ass raped by some thief.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should help, if the crooks used the ATM themselves, as opposted to making the victim use the ATM. Also, the fact that they made the victims get in the car makes it kidnapping, not just armed robbery. You can get life for that in most states. Also, I think the cops will put more effort into investigating a kidnapping than a straight armed robbery. Also, if they try to use the stolen credit cards they will may get caught. doesn't sound like the crooks here were rocket scientists.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:49 PM

This is where the girly "kick him in the balls" sense comes in that you guys just don't even consider. If he's sticking a gun in your face, kick him in the balls. See? Easy.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:54 PM

I highly doubt that I'd have been able to be as calm as you were. I spent 12 years being taught how to react when there's a gun on me, and either I or the robber would have ended up dead (unless there was an opportunity presented to mame him and acquire the gun). Actually, since you got into a car, there's no way he could have gotten you in there without being in range. I like my chances because of this.

I actually think you're lucky to have gotten out alive after getting into the car.

The part about me thinking first to fight back isn't due to me being some courageous defender of my wallet, or having huge balls. It's me assuming that I would end up dead if I didn't fight back successfully. I'm not courageous enough to walk calmly toward my death.

To those who would run, why on earth would you play into their hands by creating distance? Guns are horrible weapons within close range, unless your target is clueless, and terrific weapons from 10+ feet away.

~D