Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: someone banned me by mistake

[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about 252 posts in less than 2 months exceeds tuq's autoban limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

50 posts in first month + 200 posts in second = allowed by the almighty tuq
Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 AM

and you seem to be adhering to it quite well. ZOMG!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're not being serious obv so I have no idea why I'm giving a serious answer, but here goes.

Nobody joins a message board for the first time with the volume of a forum such as BBV4L and comes out firing right out of the gate. Nobody. Even if they've lurked for awhile. Even in a forum like that, where quality of post is fairly low, people will dip their foot in the pool before jumping in. Even with my embarrassingly high post count it probably took me a few months to get to 100 posts.

That's why, when you see noobs peeling off 30 posts/day and seem to know what's going on they might as well be flying a banner in the sky that says HAY GUISE LOOK AT ME I WAS BANNED BUT I'M BACK AND MY BBV STREET CRED IS IMPORTANT SO I WANT YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHO I AM. And that doesn't even take into consideration accounts that are anagrams of "yvesaint" - even more subtle usernames seem to out themselves.

This makes it hard for the unpaid volunteers of that forum to maintain any order and obviously a lot of posters don't respect them, so my suggestion was to nuke any account that got to 100 posts in that forum within their first month. Easy to sort out and is a deterrent to future bans too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've always thought along these lines. You see these guys racking up the posts right off the cuff, using all the "2+2isms", it's pretty obvious they've been doing this for a while. I don't post in any of the wild & wacky OT forums like OOT or BBV, so I never know who these guys were before, but it's obvious even to me that they were somebody on here before.

I don't know that this automatic banning would be a good idea, if Tuq was serious about that part, but hopefully at least the mods are keeping their eyes on posters like that for "bannable" behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I must be the exception to the rule, as I came out of the gates firing up a storm imo. I didn't lurk at all before that too.