Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Deep. NL50

Oh well I don't agree. I don't think he is calling a push on the turn with a worse made hand and i think he can value push a worse hand on the river.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Deep. NL50

[ QUOTE ]
If you dont want to shove this turn you should not have bet. If you bet and get raised you have to shove, if you dont want to get in on this board then you should c/c the turn.

Whether or not to commit to the hand at this point is basically down to your reads on villain, but I'm having a pretty hard time putting you ahead given the action. He has to be pretty bad for this to be two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't the decision for shoving the turn come down to villain's calling range? What I mean by this is that wouldn't it be reasonable to call the raise with the intention of the rest of it going in on the river if villain is one that is capable of folding two pair to a turn shove? If we just call the turn and then either open shove or c/c (or crai) river doesn't that widen villain's calling or betting range on the river?

That is the only reason I'm not sold on shoving the turn. It's not b/c I want to fold the hand, it's b/c I'm trying to get max value out of hands I'm ahead of.