Old 11-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: 100r small boat

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry that didn't quite get across what I meant probably. Lets try this:

I have no idea of the exact number, but intuitively I look at that SB and those stacks and that action and that ace two off suit and know that I'm going to hit a flop enough times and take that guy for his stack enough times to make this a profitable play...especially when you consider that after 10,000 trials of this, chips won when I flopped a hand would probably only make up 30% of the total chips won

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are waaay overestimating the % of pots you're going to take down uncontested w/o a hand.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry that didn't quite get across what I meant probably. Lets try this:

I have no idea of the exact number, but intuitively I look at that SB and those stacks and that action and that ace two off suit and know that I'm going to hit a flop enough times and take that guy for his stack enough times to make this a profitable play...especially when you consider that after 10,000 trials of this, chips won when I flopped a hand would probably only make up 30% of the total chips won

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, this is my exact thought process
Old 11-06-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea i know you're gettin good odds, but how often are you going to flop trips, two pair, or a straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many gas stations do you think there are in the united states?

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus blueman, i barely knew who you were besides frmo hsnl a little but you are my new favorite poster after this thread.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:18 PM

I'm pretty sure pf is a fold, if you're just looking to hit your hand. Hitting your hand profitably is really hard to do with A2o. Much better to overlimp the button IMO.

River is close IMO, because this is an MTT after all, but essentially it's a fold because he checked behind on the flop and called the turn. I just don't think he shoves the river with any ace, and only rarely with A7. He bets the flop with A9, in position, if he likes it enough to shove the river.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:18 PM

that thought process doesn't make sense at all.

so first you claim that you're going to stack the guy often enough. in order to stack him, he needs to have a big hand.

but then you say the times you stack him will only account for 30% of the chips you win on average, meaning you're going to take the pot down uncontested a lot. in order to do that, both BB and limper need to have nothing a lot.

but if they have nothing a lot, you aren't going to stack them very often.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 PM

As for completing in the sb with a 2 offsuit, i dont really like it that much. With stacks as short as these makes it a lot harder to outplay your opponents even if you are better postflop. also just in general being in the worst position with the reverse implied odds, i wouldnt call. Being a cash and mtt player, this hand is interesting. At first like djk i was thinking call, but when i looked over it more, it was a lot tougher. I think the cash people bashing tourney players arent necesarily right in the fact that this call and calls liek this are so bad. It would be in a cash game because usually its like a pot sized raise because of the deeper stacks. But in mtt's the pot odds are so good that i doubt id fold this during the game, but in theory hed like never do this with a bluff, so if i had time to think about it id fold it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that thought process doesn't make sense at all.

so first you claim that you're going to stack the guy often enough. in order to stack him, he needs to have a big hand.

but then you say the times you stack him will only account for 30% of the chips you win on average, meaning you're going to take the pot down uncontested a lot. in order to do that, both BB and limper need to have nothing a lot.

but if they have nothing a lot, you aren't going to stack them very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not black and white man, it'll be gray awy more often than black or white, you can't think in terms of absolute, it's not rly a math problem
Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for completing in the sb with a 2 offsuit, i dont really like it that much. With stacks as short as these makes it a lot harder to outplay your opponents even if you are better postflop. also just in general being in the worst position with the reverse implied odds, i wouldnt call. Being a cash and mtt player, this hand is interesting. At first like djk i was thinking call, but when i looked over it more, it was a lot tougher. I think the cash people bashing tourney players arent necesarily right in the fact that this call and calls liek this are so bad. It would be in a cash game because usually its like a pot sized raise because of the deeper stacks. But in mtt's the pot odds are so good that i doubt id fold this during the game, but in theory hed like never do this with a bluff, so if i had time to think about it id fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus you're hard to understand