Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Dog The Bounty Hunter: Racist?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, many of my friends use the N-word in private. There is white trash - wiggers and there is black trash - N word. We use it and I don't consider it racist.

If you are using it to identify all blacks that would be racist. If you use it to identify the lowest of the low who have no regard for individual's life or property then I have no problem with it.

Am I a racist for using it in the context we use it in? I have had black girlfriends, black co-workers and bosses and have plenty of current black friends. When I use the N-word in front of them in the context we use it in, there is no problem. If I am a racist then I guess I don't understand what a racist means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the usage of that word for Chris Rock-related reasons is racist.

I think that ordering a family member to break up with a black girl because you feel like continuing to throw the word around is either racist or...yeah, I don't actually know what flavor of the word "stupid" would describe this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, retarded?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's review:

95% of black males in Washington DC are semi-criminal or entirely criminal, 13 year old black males are as big, strong, tough and scary as any adult, and they're also unbelievably fleet footed: not racist.

"There is probably less than four of five percent that are minorities...so look, it goes back to what you start off with, what you’re dealing with”: not racist.

Ordering your son to break up with a black girl because you use the word n****r too much around the house: not racist.

What actually *is* racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you actually review that thread and see where racist was defined. The issue has been discussed ad nauseum. Using "racist" as a blanket term takes away all meaning of the word and the absolute viciousness of those who actually believe in their racial superiority. People's insistence to equivocate Klansmen with name-callers makes a joke of the entire issue.

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, I know. It's when a black man calls somebody a cracker, right? That nasty political correctness virus is victimizing the white man once again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wow.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM

It seems to me like one side is trying to say "let's not have racism lose it's meaning by calling anything and everything that might be possibly offensive racist". And the other side is saying "let's not lose the ability to judge anything that isn't actively hating every black man ever as somewhat racist".

I don't think people necessary disagree that much, it's just a few degrees of stupidity/insensitivity one way or another. I do think that, in all likelihood, far too much will be made of this while we pretend that we (or our friends, or family or whatever) don't do the same or similar.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:02 PM

This thread is useless without pics....of his wife's huge jugs.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has his own TV show where him and his redneck family chase Mexicans. WTF do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. You obviously don't know where the show takes place.

Btw, I don't really care if he loses his show. I thought it sucked the few times I've ever watched it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. It's like COPS, but with redneck pseudo-religious vigilantes at the helm! It's pure gold!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How is that different than COPS?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, I know. It's when a black man calls somebody a cracker, right? That nasty political correctness virus is victimizing the white man once again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time you think he's hit a new trolling low, he reaches deep down and pulls out another gem. He's scrappy! Maybe one day I can be green too, and troll with impunity.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, many of my friends use the N-word in private. There is white trash - wiggers and there is black trash - N word. We use it and I don't consider it racist.

If you are using it to identify all blacks that would be racist. If you use it to identify the lowest of the low who have no regard for individual's life or property then I have no problem with it.

Am I a racist for using it in the context we use it in? I have had black girlfriends, black co-workers and bosses and have plenty of current black friends. When I use the N-word in front of them in the context we use it in, there is no problem. If I am a racist then I guess I don't understand what a racist means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the usage of that word for Chris Rock-related reasons is racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Rock can, but, white kids can't . DUCY?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has his own TV show where him and his redneck family chase Mexicans. WTF do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. You obviously don't know where the show takes place.

Btw, I don't really care if he loses his show. I thought it sucked the few times I've ever watched it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. It's like COPS, but with redneck pseudo-religious vigilantes at the helm! It's pure gold!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How is that different than COPS?

[/ QUOTE ]

On cops, the actual officers aren't nearly as entertaining as Dog and his posse

Go with christ BRA!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:26 AM

BTW, fwiw I actually really enjoyed watching DTBH the other night on repeats. The fact that they may cancel the show in light of the fact that DBH has been found to be of unsound character in light of the telephone call is pretty ironic IMO considering what you would think any intelligent person makes of him from just watching the show.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM

If you listen to the content of that phone call, Dog is saying that the girlfriend is trying to tape the family using the N word and that's why he doesn't want her around.

Something doesn't pass the smell test here. This is a publicity stunt? A setup? Something is definately not above board on this.

So, if Dog's kid is found out as having been manipulated into "outing" is dad, will Dog shoot him?