Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:58 AM
 is offline

Default Re: The hardest spot in micro stakes poker? JJ from the SB

Flatcalling preflop against this villain is a huge mistake, we are so ahead of his range here. My stats lately are a little looser than villain, and you should see the crap I raise from CO (22+,Kxs,Qxs,offsuited connectors, any ace, any suited cards that is somehow connected). I think not raising is very bad. Btw, unless you have been 3betting villain fairly light, him calling with AQ is pretty bad.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:37 AM

I like a check on the flop. Bet / fold is really turning the JJ into a bluff (i.e. you may as well have 3bet with T5o and then bet / folded the flop).
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM

ok - so semi-grunching - only read the first 40 posts

seems that everyone is looking at this hand in a vaccuum, which I think is wrong. If you are not 3-betting light to possible blind steals, then I don't think a 3-bet w/ JJ makes sense since this will look strong to villain and his calling range would be very tight. I think whether to 3-bet or not in this spot depends on how long you've been at the table and how villain perceives you. From someone that's a 19/16, I would think he would steal from the blinds quite often, so I'm just calling here pf as my default play as my hand has a lot of showdown value and is killing his range.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok - so semi-grunching - only read the first 40 posts

seems that everyone is looking at this hand in a vaccuum, which I think is wrong. If you are not 3-betting light to possible blind steals, then I don't think a 3-bet w/ JJ makes sense since this will look strong to villain and his calling range would be very tight. I think whether to 3-bet or not in this spot depends on how long you've been at the table and how villain perceives you. From someone that's a 19/16, I would think he would steal from the blinds quite often, so I'm just calling here pf as my default play as my hand has a lot of showdown value and is killing his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

killing his range is a good reason to 3bet, we want to put more bets in when our range is beating his. thats how we win money.