Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: FT200 I has a weak trips

[ QUOTE ]
Because if Nielso has 50-70 hands on Dice14, Dice14 has probably been sitting with him for a little while (and may have datamined stats or be 2+2) and knows he's TAG.

KQ is so much less dominated than KT or K9, and you definitely have to worry about domination with weaker kings when a TAG raises and someone else calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so how would KTs play this differently given neilso's range from the TAGs perspective?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because if Nielso has 50-70 hands on Dice14, Dice14 has probably been sitting with him for a little while (and may have datamined stats or be 2+2) and knows he's TAG.

KQ is so much less dominated than KT or K9, and you definitely have to worry about domination with weaker kings when a TAG raises and someone else calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so how would KTs play this differently given neilso's range from the TAGs perspective?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably wouldn't, but the reason many TAGs won't call with it is because you're generally getting action from better kings when you hit TP or trip kings when the pot is getting bloated.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably wouldn't, but the reason many TAGs won't call with it is because you're generally getting action from better kings when you hit TP or trip kings when the pot is getting bloated.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont think TAGs are calling a 3BB raise with a coldcaller in there? i dont see many ppl folding such hands
Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 PM

Obv I don't, I've said that a couple of times.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 PM

I don't fold here

If he did have KQ and was a TAG and described as a winning player in the FT thread then i don't think he would check raise here because he is folding all the hands he wants value from when he is holding 77-KQ

then he comes out and fires the turn again i honestly think that he might check this turn making it look like he tried a play on the flop but it failed ... this spot i find is more than often PP and a villain trying to make a play rather than a stronger hand than your holding
Old 10-28-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont think TAGs are calling a 3BB raise with a coldcaller in there? i dont see many ppl folding such hands

[/ QUOTE ]

nor should they
Old 10-28-2007, 01:50 PM

I usually call down here...but this is 77/KQ/air a lot more than K9/KT, and you guys saying otherwise are nuts.