Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should the state feed prisioners in jail?
No, they can make it with private charity 0 0%
yes, Im a jackbooted thug 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Play a hand with me (NLTRN)

Phill, I agree, 4/5 or 5/6 PSB def is a better choice IMO. PSB and 3/4 is less valuable( as to concern to our c-bets)
And I disagree with cr with 33 on flop against unknown villain( I play NL50, but don't see how much better they are at NL100). I think, the won't define their hand much by folding to our cr or calling, I mean, they'll float more than we want. And donking IMO is not good enough either, check-folding second hand is fine.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:37 AM

@fliff: The cards are determined just by a regular deck of cards next to my computer. These are just regular hands being dealt out. Villain's actions are controlled by an acquaintance of mine to whom I relay the Villain's side of the game. He's been instructed not to visit this thread, and I trust that he won't. The only one who knows both player's cards is myself.

Hand 5

(SB)Hero 1460
(BB)Villain 1540

Hero posts 10. Villain posts 20. Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero raises to 60. Villain calls.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 120).

Villain checks. Hero bets 90. Villain calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot 300).

Villain checks. Hero?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:42 PM

I don't understand why people are voting for checking this turn. It seems to me that we want to bet, as villain could have a weaker ace or a draw. I realize a king is a possibility, but betting seems like the best option to me. Perhaps someone could explain why everyone is voting for checking.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Who the heck folds 10-6 otb ?

This is getting to be a bit of a joke .
Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people are voting for checking this turn. It seems to me that we want to bet, as villain could have a weaker ace or a draw. I realize a king is a possibility, but betting seems like the best option to me. Perhaps someone could explain why everyone is voting for checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will bluff often enough with a weaker ace(or something else) to make checking the better option . In other words , even though occasionally you'll get outdrawn by checking , there will be times when he bets the river with a worse hand than yours which compensates for it . Betting also puts you in a difficult position if you get raised .
Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 PM

I bet around 200 on the turn, because I know that most of the people I'm playing are calling with any ace, any 6, any 2 clubs, any king, and most pocket pairs. Many of them will also call with QJ and JT.

Of all those hands that will call, only hands that have us beat and a few of the lower aces are going to bet, and the rest are likely to check behind. I think there's too much value, and too many scarecards that can come on the river that will shut our opponent out with hands we're beating, to pass up on a bet here.

And I don't mind chasing out potential bluffs. I'm probably going to have to fold to a big enough bluff here, so I don't really want to get bluffed at.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet around 200 on the turn, because I know that most of the people I'm playing are calling with any ace, any 6, any 2 clubs, any king, and most pocket pairs. Many of them will also call with QJ and JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel about it as well. But I'm used to weaker opponents.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel about it as well. But I'm used to weaker opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are faced with a much tougher decision on the river if he flat calls your turn bet. Pot is now 600 or so and you most likely have to check/call.

Check the turn, let him bluff, and get to a relatively cheap showdown.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 PM

Hero has position Hokie, not sure if you realize that but from the tone of your post you do.

It's going to be fairly obvious if he has you beat on the turn and you lose too much value against most opponents to check here. Weaker hands catch up to you too often and there are obviously some hands ahead of you already, making a turn check (aka asking for a river bluff a good % of the time from most weak villains) too dangerous imo. We're sacrificing our value on the turn and pushing villain towards making a more correct play.

In my experience this turn is rarely bluffed if we bet here. When it is we usually already know the type of player we are facing and we're approaching this hand with a different mindset/goal.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero has position Hokie, not sure if you realize that but from the tone of your post you do.

It's going to be fairly obvious if he has you beat on the turn and you lose too much value against most opponents to check here. Weaker hands catch up to you too often and there are obviously some hands ahead of you already, making a turn check (aka asking for a river bluff a good % of the time from most weak villains) too dangerous imo. We're sacrificing our value on the turn and pushing villain towards making a more correct play.

In my experience this turn is rarely bluffed if we bet here. When it is we usually already know the type of player we are facing and we're approaching this hand with a different mindset/goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know why i thought we were oop but i did

im sure my post made you lol ry

disregard my advice, now and forever [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]