Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

I used to think Todd Terry was a new awesome gimmick account, but then I heard he actually won something and is a real person... makes it funnier imo
Old 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM

Depending on table dymanics, I definitely consider 3 betting preflop, but I have no problem with calling the raise.
I understand he's a very strong player, but he's also aggressive and opening from steal position, right?
Honestly, I don't know hero or villian's style/table image that well, but what's wrong with leading the turn?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager every $ or asset to my name that Justin Bonomo is a better poker player than Daniel Negreanu, anyone named Brunson, and Gus Hansen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd happily take this wager if there was a way to quantify your argument. In fact, based on how retarded your statement is, I think you should forfeit from the getgo.

Why must we introduce the same inane, masturbatory debate about the relative quality of live players vs online geniuses? It's just a frickin' poker hand, people. I'd lead or check/raise the turn.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager every $ or asset to my name that Justin Bonomo is a better poker player than Daniel Negreanu, anyone named Brunson, and Gus Hansen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd happily take this wager if there was a way to quantify your argument. In fact, based on how retarded your statement is, I think you should forfeit from the getgo.

Why must we introduce the same inane, masturbatory debate about the relative quality of live players vs online geniuses? It's just a frickin' poker hand, people. I'd lead or check/raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane:

Surely you know that poker skill is easily measured by the results of a multiple choice test administered and graded by the regular posters on this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thank god there are luckboxes like Gus Hansen, Daniel Negreanu, Scott Fischman, and to a much lesser extent me (according to mastr's post above) who play terribly yet manage to post some decent results which gives hope to awful poker players everywhere and keeps the fish in the game.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:18 PM

I think ASPoker posts was an exxageration, however ZJ is still really [censored] good and I don't have enough knowledge to conclusively say
DN/Gus/Doyle>ZJ or ZJ>DN/Gus/Doyle or ZJ = DN/ZGus Doyle
That being said ZJ> Fischman and Todd Terry for next year I would be glad to make a POY bets ZJ vs. Fischman for any sum of money.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop. The leverage that the player in position can use in a spot like this is so great IMO. I mean we flop top two pair, and all he has done is simply bet twice as the pre flop aggressor, and we are completely tortured with how to play the hand. If I did play the hand I'd prefer to reraise. I wouldn't mind calling with pairs and etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with you about playing hands OOP against people who are good, which is why my 6m stats are a bit tighter then other regs. Still QJs is far too strong here IMO to fold PF with these antes. Live on the bubble of a tourney with a big stack he should be raising really wide, especially if button is weak (dunno him but assuming unknown live player is playing tight here).

I disagree with the playing small pairs thing, I think QJs plays stronger here. But I'd also call 22.

In a cash game IN ZJs spot I would def 2 barrel with KK (would rarely check for pot control), and in OPs spot I'd be happy to get it in on the turn. Dynamics though are really different in cash than a donkament bubble, so I guess just c/c.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW I would call the turn also. Btw for just a general theory question, why are people always so ready to play such hands out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]

because some people aren't deathly afraid of playing good hands 75+ bb deep just because they're OOP?

is this where i should add "lol donkaments"?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW I would call the turn also. Btw for just a general theory question, why are people always so ready to play such hands out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]

because some people aren't deathly afraid of playing good hands 75+ bb deep just because they're OOP?

is this where i should add "lol donkaments"?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree that folding JTs 75 BB deep getting 3-1 pot odds against an aggressive player in CO on the bubble is a donk play.

If you put Justin on a top 60% hand, which is a conservative range, JTs is the favorite. Plus you have a hand that is relatively easy to play and can flop big and 3-1 pot odds.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:21 PM

I really see a problem with the fold preflop argument. Justin is probably raising just about any two. If you fold JTs, you are probably folding atleast 85% of your hands. I know he is a top player, but can you just let him steal your blinds because you are OOP and the money is deep?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JTs is the favorite. Plus you have a hand that is relatively easy to play

[/ QUOTE ]

if this hand is relatively easy to play, why can no one come up with a consensus on the proper way to play it?