Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: I will live exactly and completly as god tells me to from now on

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still heard nothing from god so I'm opening up the offer to Allah, Budda, Vishnu, Thor, Zeus and any other gods that want me to do something for them. I will be your devoted servant and do anything you ask. Just let me personally know what you want me to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddhism = listening to your heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

When my heart starts talking to me (and I'm not on acid) I'll listen to that too.

edit : It's saying "badump badump" at the moment does anyone have a translation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heart is a metaphor.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've already been told. Its called the bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much static. How do I know there aren't typos? I don't want to screw up, this is important.

Btw you'd be better off saying "You've already been told, its your conscience" or something like that. For future reference.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still heard nothing from god so I'm opening up the offer to Allah, Budda, Vishnu, Thor, Zeus and any other gods that want me to do something for them. I will be your devoted servant and do anything you ask. Just let me personally know what you want me to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When my heart starts talking to me (and I'm not on acid) I'll listen to that too.

edit : It's saying "badump badump" at the moment does anyone have a translation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heart is a metaphor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what christians say about god.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got something a bit softer? I am not at all in the SM scene as portrayed in the bible.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not interested in books I just want 5 mins of gods time to let me know if anything has changed in 6000 years and I be devoted to him for all time. Or are you saying that I'm supposed to devote my entire life to this guy but he can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes telling me what he wants me to do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heart is a metaphor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what christians say about god.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

“God is a metaphor for a mystery that absolutely transcends all human categories of thought. Even the categories of being and non-being; those are categories of thought. So it depends on how much you want to think about it. Whether it's doing you any good. Whether it is putting you in touch with the mystery that is the ground of your own being; if it isn't, well, it's a lie. So half of the people in the world are religious people who think that their metaphors are facts; those are what we call theists. The other half are people who know that the metaphors are not facts, and so they're lies; those are the atheists.”
-Joseph Campbell

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to tell you but the Buddha is well gone, in fact that is the Buddhist guarantee. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . He won't be able to respond!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to tell you but the Buddha is well gone, in fact that is the Buddhist guarantee. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . He won't be able to respond!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll accept a reverse charges call from nirvana if it'll help.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll accept a reverse charges call from nirvana if it'll help.

[/ QUOTE ]

No such place... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 08:46 AM

What if you're asking with an impure motive? Will God answer you then?
Try taking a shortcut. Ask as many people as you can if they ever received a spectacular blessing or a blessing that bordered on the miraculous. We have Brunson in SuperSystem telling us he got 3 of them in his own family. I know of several people that have received stupendous blessings.
Maybe we're blessed but we're not recoginizing the blessings. Sort of what Harrington says about luck. We're lucky, but we only note the bad beats.