Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: BEAT: Absolute Scandal on front page of Yahoo!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow.. this article is incredibly inappropriate and unprofessional.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, seeing the coverage on this really makes you question pretty much all news.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is clearly a column/blog/opinion piece not a newsstory. Of course it is a colum/blog/opinion piece written by a retard, but nevertheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

fact remains that by this time tomorrow several million people will have read this who didn't know a god damned thing about absolute poker. far different than the usual 200 people who read BBV.

EDIT: always fun that the front page article on the most viewed site in the world is an obscenely biased blog report that'll still convince the average idiot that this [censored] is rigged.

bbv: harbringer of charity and the ultimate doomswitch.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, seeing the coverage on this really makes you question pretty much all news.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is clearly a column/blog/opinion piece not a newsstory. Of course it is a colum/blog/opinion piece written by a retard, but nevertheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

fact remains that by this time tomorrow several million people will have read this. far different than the usual 200 people who read BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree and people are retarded I mean even before this story broke 99% of people thought online poker was rigged now they have proof, I'm just saying that this isn't that inappropriate or unprofessional for an opinion piece it is just retarded.

Edit: Also I think in two days this will be irrelevant in mainstream news and most people who are losers online are degens or don't care about money so this won't stop them.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
to everyone who broke the story, serious question, if you could do it all over again, would you have made this public?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv i didn't break the story, but i wouldn't change a thing. yes, this is going to hurt online poker in the short run. but these guys cannot not get away with this, AP cannot get away with this, because if they do that just encourages more dishonest and fraudulent behavior. most people already have formed opinions about online poker, and if this one scandal causes those who don't to not deposit- so be it. this needed to be made a spectacle of. if some ignorant people want to brand an entire industry as "rigged" because of one shady company, there's nothing we can do about that. those people are lost- now let's focus on cleaning up what we can, getting our message out that this is a rich, important, and SAFE industry that just needs to be regulated, and then we can move on.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fact remains that by this time tomorrow several million people will have read this. far different than the usual 200 people who read BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree and people are retarded I mean even before this story broke 99% of people thought online poker was rigged. Now they have proof, I'm just saying that this isn't that inappropriate or unprofessional for an opinion piece it is just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

no arguement there
Old 10-21-2007, 03:49 AM

Old 10-21-2007, 03:51 AM

The best user comment (from the Freakonomics article linked at the bottom of the Yahoo one)

"Is anyone surprised that there is cheating in gambling? To this fellow from the midwest, it all seems to go together; gambling, drinking, smoking, cheating, adultery. Would the data back me up? Do gamblers drink, smoke, cheat, commit adultery more than the general population? For instance, how much in gambling winnings are reported by taxpayers that have not had a Form W2-G issued by the payer? "

There was one vote for George Bush
Old 10-21-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't yahoo have their own online poker site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so.

gg
Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The best user comment (from the Freakonomics article linked at the bottom of the Yahoo one)

"Is anyone surprised that there is cheating in gambling? To this fellow from the midwest, it all seems to go together; gambling, drinking, smoking, cheating, adultery. Would the data back me up? Do gamblers drink, smoke, cheat, commit adultery more than the general population? For instance, how much in gambling winnings are reported by taxpayers that have not had a Form W2-G issued by the payer? "

There was two votes for George Bush

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 AM

At the start of this whole thing I was pissed and wanted the truth and justice for the perpetrators. Now I am beginning realize what is at stake here...
Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 AM

Yahoo has taken headline down already. Don't those usually stay there a few hours?