Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Alessandra Ambrosio 84 69.42%
Evangeline Lilly 37 30.58%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: *** THE OFFICIAL VINCE YOUNG MADDEN JINX THREAD ***

I hope Madden never puts a whole team on the cover. That would be one sad plane crash.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 AM

When Vince Young left Sunday's game, the Titans were tied 3-3. They lost on a last second field goal. I really doubt VY had that much of an effect on the game. In fact, Kerry Collins probably played better if only because he didn't throw a pick.

Oh, and part of the reason for VY's last minute heroics last year is because he is obviously much better out of the shotgun. Norm Chow, for whatever reason, tries to make VY run a normal offense for the first 3 and a half quarters, then lets him go crazy in the shotgun to finish the game when they're trailing.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he just wins football games, even from the sidelines

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they lost this past week. Big coincidence, right guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

he kinda sucked when he was playing in that game

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet they were tied on the road against a very good opponent when he got injured. Funny how Vince always "sucks" yet puts his team in position to win...yet without him they lose. But again I'm sure this is just a total huge coincidence.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that remembers how bad the Titans were pre Vince, and how they are favorites to make a Wild Card with Vince Young? Not to mention the Titans might have the least amount of offensive talent in the entire NFL outside of Young.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my original post. The point of this post is to oppose the comments that VY "sucks." I understand that the Titans strength is their defense, this isn't a hard concept to grasp. My point is that VY has zero offensive talent. They have the worst receiver/te group in the NFL, and one of the worst groups of RB's, yet the team still wins with him at QB. The point of saying this, is that if he was an awful player, with no offensive weapons, and a great defense, they would still lose games. Obviously he isn't one of the best qb's in the league, my main point if that he has nothing to work with offensively and he is getting ripped when his team has a 11-7 record with him through 18 games starting in the toughest division in football.

Obviously the defense is the main reason that they are winning games, but he has still had a positive influence on the teams win loss record, and this is without very little help on offense. I don't understand why this is a view that so many people are coming down so hard on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it is possible that Vince Young HURTS the teams chances to win and they still manage to win? I don't mean is it likely, just is it POSSIBLE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible? Yes. Also possible that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning hurt their team's chances of winning. Likely? No. VY has won everywhere he goes. And before he arrives and after he leaves, his teams don't win nearly as much. Yes it could be a huge coincidence, but I don't see why you'd think that. I also don't see why you'd believe the rest of the Titans magically went from doormat at the beginning of last year to playoff contender at the middle/end of lsat year and this year....isn't the change at QB a major change and most likely the reasoning?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
? Do you think its POSSIBLE that he has certain intangibles and skills such as leadership/4th quarter comebacks/running ability that aren't shown in his QB Rating?

[/ QUOTE ]
If only there were some way to measure his running ability....
Old 10-17-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard it said before, but put Osama Bin Laden on the cover of next year's Madden and we would catch him before week 7 of the NFL season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet they were tied on the road against a very good opponent when he got injured. Funny how Vince always "sucks" yet puts his team in position to win...yet without him they lose. But again I'm sure this is just a total huge coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Assani,
Why were the titans in a position to win the game? It is because there defense allowed 3 points. VY literally could have kneeled every single play and than have the punter kick it away and it would be a 1 possession game. BTW Do you know who led there offense to the 1 touchdown they scored? It was Kerry Collins not VY.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM

What's funny is you could have put anybody on the cover except for Manning and Brady and the jinx would hold true. This has been a wild year injury-wise.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:14 PM

VY parted the Red Sea.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, yes it is. not to worry though, when vince gets back, we'll eventually see that he doesn't have any magical winning powder that he sprinkles on the defense.