6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 5 8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: *****Clash of the Titans: NWE @ DAL (Week 6)*****

Seymour can't come back until next week (it'll be longer than that), but no reason to believe Adalius Thomas misses this one. He played in the 2nd half last week after getting hurt. Morris is a fine replacement for Maroney, and I expect the Pats to pass much more than they run this week anyway.

I don't think this one will be very close unless Dallas gets a return TD or two.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:11 PM

NT,

Some things that I think we are overlooking that are going to be the biggest problem for Dallas.

I had mentioned that NE had sick cover LB's this is important b/c it takes away the middle of the field which is Dallas' biggest weapon. JDub is Romo's bread and butter and basically their engine, I have a feeling NE will basically take that away.

The most important thing is not what NE will do defensively tho it is what they will do offensively. We concentrate so much on what NE is going to do to stop Dallas' offense b/c it is good but NE's is just as good. A few things--NE is going to give Dallas looks offensively that they aren't going to see at all this year unless they make it to the SB. NE's team speed may be too much. Dallas' D actually looks pretty good right now but out of Buffalo, St. Louis, Miami and Chi--Mia is prolly the best offensive team out of that bunch. They haven't played very good offensive teams.

In fairness to Dallas they will be at their healthiest to date--only Henry should be out w/ a high ankle sprain (obv Ferguson is out). So they have had to get better and better each week battling injuries and a new system.

The last thing is they have scored I believe 6 points in the first quarter this year and something like 122 points in the second half. I don't know if that will fly with NE. I don't see NE pulling a stunt like Buffalo did when they threw an out route on 3rd down on the 10 yard line w/ 6-7 minutes to go in the game up by 8 points which was then picked off and ran back like 70 yards by Newman. Buffalo also threw on second down--incomplete, so more time that wasn't killed off the clock. NE would have just ran it down Dallas' throat 3 times and if no TD, taken the 3 points--gone up by 11 w/ about 3-4 minutes left in the game. Point is, the slow start may be a hole that may be unrecoverable w/ NE. They are going to need to be sharp right out of the gate b/c they aren't going to be given the game this time.

BEAT: Dallas fan that has Brady, Morris, Watson, and NE D on FF team. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Think Henry is out for sure ? I was hoping 2 weeks off would be enough. Hope he can be back.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:22 PM

i agree, dallas has to come out quickly. i was not aware that they have been slow starters this year.

NE has scored on its first possession every week IIRC. but being in dallas, dealing with a lot of sick noise, etc, some early miscues could give them trouble.

i agree that the pats are going to try to control the clock on offense to keep romo off the field. on defense, they will basically try to take away TO and witten, and make your 2nd and 3rd receivers try to beat hobbs / gay / harrison in one-on-one situations. romo has shown he's willing to hit those guys, just a question of whether they can get open against a very good pats secondary.

i like the pats here, but people who are deriding dallas' schedule should keep in mind that the pats haven't exactly played a bunch of studs either, and while they have looked impressive, they have also run really good.

i'm not too worried because i expect moss to come in and put up like 300 yards with TO on the other sideline, but i think dallas will find a way to move the ball.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:13 PM

moss is gonna torch Dallas
Old 10-10-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dealing with a lot of sick noise, etc,

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas Stadium crowds are not known for their capacity to produce 'a lot of sick noise, etc.'
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Cardo is unfortunately correct. It is more known for hanging out w/ chicks w/ fake breasts and chatting w/ your social circle. Maybe this will change w/ the new kabillion $ stadium?

...Stars and Mavs games are f'ing sweet though!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Are there really a lot of fake boobs in Dallas ? Clearly I have to go to a home game. I've only ever seen them on the road.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 PM

The Pats will destroy the Cowboys if the turnover ratio is even.

I'd guess that it would take a minimum of 5 NE turnovers for the Cowboys to even be in the game in the 4th quarter and that is simply not realistic.

Patriots 34 Cowboys 17
Old 10-10-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Pats will destroy the Cowboys if the turnover ratio is even.

I'd guess that it would take a minimum of 5 NE turnovers for the Cowboys to even be in the game in the 4th quarter and that is simply not realistic.

Patriots 34 Cowboys 17

[/ QUOTE ]

ok lol at them beating the Cowboys by 17 on the road, and allowing the same amount of points as Clevland scored in New England. That's hilarious.