FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Asshole?
Yes! 23 74.19%
No! 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: I don\'t feel like waiting until tomorrow night- NFL POWER RANKINGS

[ QUOTE ]
Jets are living up to exactly what I thought of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are who we thought they were!

I really am not sold on this "The Pats have played all bottom level defenses so far!" argument. Is that still the case if you take out their game against New England? There has only been 5 games, so that one game against New England where they get raped could throw the statistics off a lot.

I'm too lazy to go look, but would those teams still be bottom ranked defenses if you only take into account their other four games?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 AM

I've seen all of Tenn games, and I can't call them a top 5 team in a QB dominated league with a QB that still makes pretty bad decisions. (48 rating yesterday.) Their NO win was fairly impressive at the time - not so much now that David Carr just beat the Saints as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am still not sold on the Pats. All the teams they have played so far rank at the bottom of the league for defense, so putting up 30+ every game is not that special. Dallas is going to be the first team they play this year that has any semblance of defense.

Defensively they have been impressive however. Holding the Bengals to under 20 is very good (though they were one idiotic miscommunication between Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer away from getting at least 20).

So just based on strength of schedule I have to put the Colts above the Pats. This weekend will be the test.

I also include Dallas in the top class list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, how many teams do you think would put up 34+ points in 5 straight games against the teams the Pats have played? The Cowboys and Colts are probably the only teams that could come close, and their Ds pale in comparison to the Pats, so I have no idea how you could say you're not sold.

Hell, the Patriots pretty much took a nap in the 3rd quarter and still put up 27 on Offense.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jets are living up to exactly what I thought of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are who we thought they were!

I really am not sold on this "The Pats have played all bottom level defenses so far!" argument. Is that still the case if you take out their game against New England? There has only been 5 games, so that one game against New England where they get raped could throw the statistics off a lot.

I'm too lazy to go look, but would those teams still be bottom ranked defenses if you only take into account their other four games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the Bills are probably down there but only because they have like 8 healthy guys on defense. The Jets D has been below average against their other opponents. Chargers are probably middle of the pack, and the Bengals/Browns are certainly two of the worst.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 AM

I think Dallas is going to get killed. We saw what happened when a good Pittsburgh team went against a top rated NFC team and when the Colts went against a top rated NFC team. I think Dallas is good, I just think the top AFC are way too good.

I honestly don't think the Colts and Dallas's Ds are that much worse then the Pats. They aren't rediculously good but both good enough to win a SB.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am still not sold on the Pats. All the teams they have played so far rank at the bottom of the league for defense, so putting up 30+ every game is not that special. Dallas is going to be the first team they play this year that has any semblance of defense.

Defensively they have been impressive however. Holding the Bengals to under 20 is very good (though they were one idiotic miscommunication between Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer away from getting at least 20).

So just based on strength of schedule I have to put the Colts above the Pats. This weekend will be the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

care to make a wager? I'll take NE +3 @ Dallas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do so many people in this forum think that just because someone predicts an upset that they will want to bet on it at odds/lines worse than are available in the market?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do so many people in this forum think that just because someone predicts an upset that they will want to bet on it at odds/lines worse than are available in the market?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen any actual lines for the Dallas-NE game yet.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither have I, but there is basically zero chance that the Pats open +3.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither have I, but there is basically zero chance that the Pats open +3.

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna bet?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

honestly, responses like this, where somebody says "there's basically zero chance of xxxx happening" are why people throw out bets. b/c when challenged to put money where your mouth is, people will often back down from outlandish (or dumb) comments they make. that's kind of fun to see, and maybe it also helps keep the # of dumb comments down.

re: this specific line, I predicted the Pats would be -5 or so in this thread yesterday. Artdog replied "roughly a 0% chance that it will be higher than pats-3"

So, according to Artdog there is a "roughly 0% chance" that the Pats will be higher than -3, and according to you there is "basically zero chance" the Pats open up as low as +3. so, who is completely out of their mind? is it so outlandish of me to throw out -3?

basically, my nit is people throwing around "basically zero chance" when it's actually "some real chance"
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 AM

zomg Bears beat the Packers why are they ahead of them in the rankings!?!?!??

/homer