Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: The Mystery Method....... textbook for picking up chicks

BigBuffet,

Reread the OP. Hint: "Ive read this book".
The VH1 show was just a weak side project for Mystery.

Also, the rest of your post is kinda iffy. I agree with your observation about desperation, but your last few points are troublesome. Yes it's good to "be yourself", but a lot of men's problems stem from the fact that they view their true self as a boring person. The routines are a way to overcome this. And what are you saying in your last line? Women do care about looks. Yes, other criteria may be more important, but looks do matter. An earlier poster got it right when he said you should "be your best self". This includes both personality and physical traits.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:17 AM

I know women care about looks, but that is second place to personality. I've never let myself go, just saying there have been times when I wasn't as good as at other times.

Also, if you need a routine (your words) to pick up women, you still need to use your personality to keep the relationship going. If guys have low self esteem, this crap will just guarantee a train wreck. So these books are just what I called them, a phony way to meet them.

You know, men have been meeting women for thousands of years without these crutches. But maybe younger guys these days need them for some reason...

I also want to add, that men don't really "pick up chicks". If a woman wants a man, they let themselves get picked up. That's the funny part of getting ideas from Mystery and other PUA's...
Old 10-08-2007, 03:22 AM

demon,

Yeah, tons of people have read it and are thinking the exact same thing you are. Does "it" work? Yeah, the method works. So do a bunch of things. The method isn't a magic bullet. It's a system that will allow one to build up the necessary social aptitude and tools needed to succeed with hot women.

Do you have more specific questions?

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aren't books like this somewhat ironic? i mean (correct me if i'm wrong, i have never read a book like this), but isn't the idea to not really look desperate or care? If you're buying books like this you are a really desperate person, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Doesn't matter if he looks desperate or cares too much to us, now does it? Also, how is wanting to improve one's social ability/experience a sign of desperation?

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that is part of the point but there seems to be quite a bit of research that dives into the hardwiring of women into an evolutionary level which to this point seems effective

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see how Mystery's ideas stack up against research by evolutionary biologists. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of it was just hogwash. I mean, the guy is a salesman, not a scientist.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost all lifted from theories laid out in books like The Red Queen and Sperm Wars, fwiw.

None of it is necessarily hogwash, but Mystery definitely is drawn to some of the ideas and not so much the others.

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The ONLY key points that anyone should be taking away from this PUA bulschwa is the idea of push and pull and to be your best self. Of course they couldn't write a book just on these 2 points because nobody would buy it. I sure wouldn't, it sounds like an episode of Dr Phil and I'm just a sexually frustrated man who wants to memorize patterns and garbage that will instinctually force women to fall in love with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much more than those two points. Also, as Style has mentioned before, one really just has to "be confident" and "be themselves"...everyone is told this over and over but people can't automatically embody those two things.

As for your comment about intellectually forcing a girl to fall in love with you. That's pretty much the exact opposite of the method. Perhaps you're confused b/c the method is an intellectual way to attempt to force men to emotionally stimulate women into falling in love with them?

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2007, 03:46 AM

I banned the OP for 2 days. Sorry guys.,
Old 10-08-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The ONLY key points that anyone should be taking away from this PUA bulschwa is the idea of push and pull and to be your best self. Of course they couldn't write a book just on these 2 points because nobody would buy it. I sure wouldn't, it sounds like an episode of Dr Phil and I'm just a sexually frustrated man who wants to memorize patterns and garbage that will instinctually force women to fall in love with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much more than those two points. Also, as Style has mentioned before, one really just has to "be confident" and "be themselves"...everyone is told this over and over but people can't automatically embody those two things.

As for your comment about intellectually forcing a girl to fall in love with you. That's pretty much the exact opposite of the method. Perhaps you're confused b/c the method is an intellectual way to attempt to force men to emotionally stimulate women into falling in love with them?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I said instinctual. Intellectual is the last thing I want to be when picking up a girl.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I also want to add, that men don't really "pick up chicks". If a woman wants a man, they let themselves get picked up. That's the funny part of getting ideas from Mystery and other PUA's...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Men can [censored] their way into womens pants. While the woman may "want" them by the end of the night, it can be just b/c the guy's been feeding her [censored] the whole night
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I said instinctual. Intellectual is the last thing I want to be when picking up a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you're picking up some pretty quality women. Seriously, if I can't have an intelligent conversation with someone I'm trying to "pick up," I'm not wasting my time. And my girlfriend is hot and smart.

Guys, have some pretty ground-breaking instruction here: Approach women a lot. Keep trying until you feel comfortable. Make them laugh, whether it be through gentle insults or by being, I don't know, yourself. You'll probably meet a lot of women.