Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: T9s OTB

i hate betting in spots like this because i feel like im bloating a pot with a hand that im not committed to for a lot of my chips so i always check here is this flawed thinking?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate betting in spots like this because i feel like im bloating a pot with a hand that im not committed to for a lot of my chips so i always check here is this flawed thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's flawed. You should be afraid of bloating pots if you're deeper with a vulnerable hand, not here where you're most interested in taking down the pot immediately. If you're called, you will slow down and probably lose the pot a lot, a check-raise will usually make you fold.

Ben,
seems like you're looking for monsters under the bed to me. A bet here obviously isn't a value bet, more like a semi-bluff/bluff to take down the pot immediately - there is in fact value in taking down pots in multiway pots like this, where you have little idea where you stand, position and will usually get a clear answer to your bet.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Depends slightly on who the opponents are and how likely you think they are to checkraise, but I like a bet in this spot. 1500 or so should do the trick. Default would be to fold to a checkraise, obviously it depends who check raises and what their stack size is though.

You just don't win the pot often enough when you check, and some of our "good cards" might also get us stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you b/f atc here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Don't know how you would even make that leap of faith. Showdown value is crucial to this hand.

Edit: I guess I should say it's not a terrible spot to bet any two, but I would need a lot more info on the opponents before I would say this is a good spot for it.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Don't know how you would even make that leap of faith. Showdown value is crucial to this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Don't know how you can say that considering the shallowness of stacks.

Villain's action in response to the bet is incredibly polarized -- ie. fold or shove.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Don't know how you can say that considering the shallowness of stacks.

Villain's action in response to the bet is incredibly polarized -- ie. fold or shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 3 villains, and this is live poker, not an online pocket 5's fest.

We will see a call a lot more often than we see a raise.