Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Party ratholing fix coming soon?

Never going to happen. Etiquette lol.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only people complaining about shortstacks are the regulars who grind out a living. They are trying to protect their bottom line. They would like all weak players playing with 100bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, why do I even respond....I do not play for a living but hate ratholers because they take away some of the enjoyment. The exploit a flaw in a very simple game and don't care that they destroy it for others. In most sports/games such selfish acts get stamped out with rules changes etc. It's fair to say that Party are being laughably slow at at least curtailing the destruction of the cash games on their site.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the deep stack regs hurting the game at the higher levels. It keeps casual and recreational players away. Shortstacks give them more of a chance to play for stakes that matter without putting their whole bankroll at risk.

Shut up and quit your whining.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM

I hate rat-holing as much as the next man, but as long as the rules allow it, there's no point in complaining about it.

I would like to see a 1-hour minimum applied to sitting down at the same table and 30-min to all other tables at the same levels. However, even this wouldn't prevent it from happening. The rat-holers would just use more than one site, which would obviously not be good for Party.

Fundamentally, of course, rat-holing is unethical. However, under the current rules it is a legitimate tactic, as poker etiquette doesnt really apply online as there is no inter-personal contact.

However, just because something is within the rules doesnt make it right. It is within the rules to 'disconnect' on the tables with disconnect protection. Its not something I have ever done or would consider doing, and I havent played on these tables since it was done to me in a big pot (by MacBet_VII).

The answer is to increase the table minimums to 50BB. This will make it more like poker and less like 2-card bingo.

If people want to put $200 in play, they can still do this, but they will be forced to play at $2-$4 rather than $5-$10. The flow of the game is maintained at both limits.

For those who say "why should I have to sit down with more than 20BB?" I respond "why not let people sit down with 1BB?" The obvious answer is this : "it spoils the game!"

Its time for a 50BB minimum across all sites.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:39 AM

20bb is more than enough to play poker properly. Comparing shortstack players with disconnect abusers is ridiculous. Disconnect abuse is not tolerated by sites and is against their rules. Playing with 20bb is not. It's allowed by the sites and promoted.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Alright, let's not turn this into a thread (too late?) about the ethics of ratholing b/c that's been done to death. Just stop responding to the OnYourBike troll, and we'll get back to the more important business at hand: enumerating the ratholers you'd most like to see wrestle Magic Johnson in a ball-pit full of razor blades. TexasDolly12 and Rumpelstilzkin, come on down.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 AM

Is there that many good short stacker on party 5/10 + ?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there that many bad regs on party 5/10 + ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are there that many bad short stacking ratholing regs on party 5/10 + ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate rat-holing as much as the next man, but as long as the rules allow it, there's no point in complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your rationale here doesn't make sense. The point is that people should complain about the rules if the rules are crap.

That's why I emailed Party. My brother sent this:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear PartyPoker,

I've just finished playing, and some of the behaviour of players made me sad.

I am very annoyed by players who have won some money, and then who
leave the table, and come back with less money than they had.

At every other major online poker site - like PokerStars, Cryptologic
and others, when a player returns to the table soon after leaving, he
must sit back down with the same amount of money that he left with.
This is also the same rule for playing live.

Can you please fix this mistake in your program? This should not be allowed.

thank you,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see a 1-hour minimum applied to sitting down at the same table and 30-min to all other tables at the same levels. However, even this wouldn't prevent it from happening. The rat-holers would just use more than one site, which would obviously not be good for Party.

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea of ratholers running sophisticated, multi-site operations seems a little contrived.

[ QUOTE ]
Fundamentally, of course, rat-holing is unethical. However, under the current rules it is a legitimate tactic,

[/ QUOTE ]
But it is against the rules of the vast majority of operators; Party should be aware of this; Party should fix this problem in their software.

[ QUOTE ]
as poker etiquette doesnt really apply online as there is no inter-personal contact.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just self-evidently silly.

I don't understand why the means of playing poker - online or in person - has any impact on what is the "right" thing to do (right in the sense of in line with etiquette)

[ QUOTE ]
It is within the rules to 'disconnect' on the tables with disconnect protection.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it is not. Deliberately disconnecting is quite obviously against the rules.

[ QUOTE ]
The answer is to increase the table minimums to 50BB. This will make it more like poker and less like 2-card bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]
...the other answer is to stop ratholing.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your rationale here doesn't make sense. The point is that people should complain about the rules if the rules are crap.

That's why I emailed Party. My brother sent this:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear PartyPoker,

I've just finished playing, and some of the behaviour of players made me sad.

I am very annoyed by players who have won some money, and then who
leave the table, and come back with less money than they had.

At every other major online poker site - like PokerStars, Cryptologic
and others, when a player returns to the table soon after leaving, he
must sit back down with the same amount of money that he left with.
This is also the same rule for playing live.

Can you please fix this mistake in your program? This should not be allowed.

thank you,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea of ratholers running sophisticated, multi-site operations seems a little contrived.

[ QUOTE ]
Fundamentally, of course, rat-holing is unethical. However, under the current rules it is a legitimate tactic,

[/ QUOTE ]
But it is against the rules of the vast majority of operators; Party should be aware of this; Party should fix this problem in their software.

[ QUOTE ]
as poker etiquette doesnt really apply online as there is no inter-personal contact.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just self-evidently silly.

I don't understand why the means of playing poker - online or in person - has any impact on what is the "right" thing to do (right in the sense of in line with etiquette)

[ QUOTE ]
It is within the rules to 'disconnect' on the tables with disconnect protection.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it is not. Deliberately disconnecting is quite obviously against the rules.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
...the other answer is to stop ratholing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get back to playing for micro stakes and 1/2 live. I'm a very successful shortstacker at high stakes. It's legitimate. Party won't pay attention to your brother. They'll just laugh at you. And yes, I play over multiple sites to overcome the 'ratholing' time limit at other sites. Any fix just means I play less at Party, but so what. It's a myth it's any softer than any of the other big sites.