Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: the well: renton

[ QUOTE ]
Also sorry if this is dumb but who is that in your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can answer this one!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. Technically i have an atlanta address. I live in cobb county on the cross of 285 and powers ferry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cobb County huh... are you a fan of this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Had to change drawers after pissing myself laughing. PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who got this!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping that at least one person got it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM

Cheers for doing this Renton

Wondered whether there are any players whose games you feel you have learnt from?

What do you think the breakthroughs are that you have made in the last few months to really start earning good money?

What balance do you spend on playing/reviewing. When reviewing do you look at hands, overall game balancing, or opponents? What sort of things do you do?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Renton,

no questions, just wanted to say I always enjoy sitting at the same table as you (though it's been a while) as it's good to watch you working. You taught me a few things.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:16 AM

What is with this 20k hand session I keep hearing about?

Did you actually play 20k hands in one session? How long did it take?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also sorry if this is dumb but who is that in your avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can answer this one!

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is with this 20k hand session I keep hearing about?

Did you actually play 20k hands in one session? How long did it take?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do a search for "Renton marathon" in FR you should find it.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give us a simple breakdown of this "near perfect" PF strategy? Are there certain "underrated" hands you like to play from certain positions (mainly EP since I remember you saying you raise over 10% there)?

You raise PF and get called by an average, unspectacular player. You completely whiff on the flop (no pair, no draw). Are there any flops you aren't c-betting in position? OOP?

You raise PF with QQ and a sLAG capable of floating calls from the button. The flop comes AT6r, you c-bet 75%, and he calls...what's your standard line for the rest of the hand?

How often (percentage wise) do you double barrel IP? OOP?

You said your game turned around in June...what changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Raise a lot preflop, in all positions. Don't ever limp in. Very rarely cold call. Against good players be more apt to 3bet your small pairs rather than set mine them. Raise limpers with almost any two cards. Jack it up to 10bb from the blinds after limpers with a pretty wide range. Fold to reraises almost always unless there is history, especially out of position. Make sure every move you make preflop is with a wide, or at least balanced range. Example being i very rarely cold call, but in situations i DO cold call you can bet that my range, rather than being just 22-JJ or whatever, is going to be more like 22-AA AK AQ and suited connectors. As far as ranges, unless you are in a very aggressive game, u can get away with raising 22+ AJs+ AQ+ and suited connectors T9 and up QT and up under the gun.

2. Way too general. I need my precises position, his precise position, and my hand (i.e. do i have overcards, or literally no pair no draw?) If i have a little something something at all (i.e. overs, a gut), and villain drools, im gonna check being flops that have poor texture for continuation betting 90% of the time. Thats another thing: I think its more about frequency than flop texture here often. I wouldn't do anything 100%, everything is going to be a 90/10, 80/20, 60/40 kind of split. In general though, you default play with npnd unless the flop absolutely sucks (i.e. 678ss) should be to bet.

3. Once again, i need a little more here. One strong aspect to my game is that i play postflop in a way that agrees with my perceived preflop range. i.e. im gonna be double barreling and craing the turn as bluffs a lot more when i raised in early position, because my range beats theirs and they know that (unless they have a set lol). To answer best i can, in that scenario I'd probably c/c turn c/f river most of the time.

4. i have no idea of the percentage. I do it a reasonable amount but probably not as much as i should. Maybe 15% (without a hand)?

5. I had just survived a 35 buyin downswing, and realized a ton of general small stuff wrong about my game. Can't really go into it, mainly just obvious stuff like folding when im beat more, being more aggro pre and on the flop.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are your table selection methods?
Do you ever play HEads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't table select at full ring, honestly don't see the point. I just get up if a table really sucks.

2. Yes, my winrate is like 6ptbb for the 20k or so hands of 2/4 and 1/2 that i played. Fun stuff.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your longest down swing?

Lifetime Graph?

I think your input in the forum rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 32ish buyins, went something like this. 15 buyins at 2/4 six max, then 10 buyins in .5/1 hu cash, all to the same [censored] guy, then 7 buyins at 1/2 full ring before i turned it around.

2. Sorry can't do, it would be a massive pain in the ass for my computer to make graphs of a million hands, plus ive had multiple db's etc etc.

3. TY